Battlefield 2 Controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Controller?

Hey guys, don't know if you can do it but I want to know if you can use a controller. Like a xbox controller or some usb game pad with two anologue sticks. If you can do this how? I really hate using mouses and I was just wondering if this can be done?

Re: Battlefield 2 Controller?

yes it can

Comment

Get an XBOX360 controller and plug it into the USB port. Then go to the options and set up your controls by clicking on the different controls and pressing buttons.

Comment

If it's just a normal xbox controller you have (none 360), search the forums for xbcd

Comment

Yeah, so just get a xbox 360 controller USB and set it up. what about programing the right anologue to do the looking around and stuff. With other controllers I couldn't figure out how to set the right anologue stick up to replace the mouse, is their something I am missing???

Comment

why on earth would you want to use a controller when a mouse can do it all and much better....no offense meant here but you are better off with a mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari
              why on earth would you want to use a controller when a mouse can do it all and much better....no offense meant here but you are better off with a mouse and keyboard.
              Maybe he wants to use it for flying or driving.

Comment

No I just want to use it all in all. I play a lot of xbox 360 and pc and it ****es me off going from one to the other, I get all messed up not being used to one or the other. Mainly when I go from 360 to pc. I feel like it takes me 4 to 5 rounds just get used to the speed of my mouse. So I thought it would be easyer if I could just kill two birds with one stone. Well if someone could tell me if I missed something when you set the right anologue stick to replace the mouse it would be a lot of help. Thank you

So can anyone tell me how to do this????

Comment

Control pads, eww. I suspect you will get killed quite often trying to use a gamepad while others use keyboard and mouse, but if that's what you want, have at it. I personally don't know why anyone would step down from the far superior keyboard/mouse combo.

Comment

Originally posted by GodfishB16
                    No I just want to use it all in all. I play a lot of xbox 360 and pc and it ****es me off going from one to the other, I get all messed up not being used to one or the other. Mainly when I go from 360 to pc. I feel like it takes me 4 to 5 rounds just get used to the speed of my mouse. So I thought it would be easyer if I could just kill two birds with one stone. Well if someone could tell me if I missed something when you set the right anologue stick to replace the mouse it would be a lot of help. Thank you

So can anyone tell me how to do this????
                    Learning how to effectively use the mouse and keyboard is like anything else. It takes time and lots of practice. Believe everyone here, we were all as noobed out as you were when we first started using the mouse and KB. When I first got into PC gaming with Half-Life I started out with the KB and mouse. I got my ass kicked. Then I hooked up my gamepad and tried that too. I got my ass kicked even worse. Why? Cause everyone else was a master with the mouse and KB. There's just no getting around it, mouse and kb are the only competent controls for the majority of PC games.

You are having doubts about the mouse and kb like I did but when you think about it, if you can click the tiny little X in the corner of this window then you can click on someones head. The precision that you get with the mouse is unrivaled except by maybe the Nintendo Revolution controller. That's why most console FPS games have to have auto aim to assist you. Just stick with the mouse and KB. Keep practicing and eventually you will get good.

Comment

Uhh listen morons, the guy wants to use a control pad, not hear your stupid banters about how the m/kb is better. whats wrong with you people? Are u just post whoring to get more post? idiotic!

you'll need 3rd party software to get the right thumbstick to act as a mouse. Its totally possible, just need to do some tweaking and possibly pay for some software thats out there that will let you do this.

Comment

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Joymouse_d1565.html

There are others, it was the first I found.

EDIT: A lot of the newer Saitek gamepads come with software that does the same thing. I have a P2900 Wireless. I use it for GTA:SA, GUN, Fable, FF7, etc. Most console ports benefit from using a gamepad. MOST, not all.

Comment

just go to bf2 controlls and set it up there... you can make any button anything any anolog stick anything...

Comment

Well good luck its prob going to be nightmare setting it up. I agree with the rest though, mouse and keybord are the best. You cant possably have enough buttons on a controller for this game.

Comment

Just buy a USB 360 controller and configure it in game.

Comment

Working...
                              X