Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do stats matter?

Originally posted by govedob
    Since there have been a lot of different opinions about this, I hope this poll will help us figure out what percentage of the people playing BF2 care, and what percentage don't care about their stats.
    Statistics don't always tell the whole story: while mine are respectable, there are many variables coming into play at random that affect how they add up. You could be fantastic at using tanks, but due to your bad luck, keep getting blown up by a full squad of ATs around every corner. Too many come into play for anyone to take stats seriously.

If you're looking for an indicator of skill, I suppose stats work about as precisely as IQ tests work to quantify specific cognitive faculties: otherwise, you would have to observe someone play for a certain amount of time before telling how good of a player he/she is...

Comment

A friend an i are kind of in a non competative competition.

You know the sort, you get a new badge and then spend the next week telling him over and over and over again how you got it

G.

Comment

stats just give us an incentive and a motivation to keep going and play at your best. at least thats how i see it

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
          I play for fun and like having stats.
          This should be one of the options in the poll. Why is it assumed that it's either one or the other? It is possible to play for both stats and fun and who gives a fuk what other people think? I paid $50 for the game.

Comment

Stats destroyed the game(play)! Everyone played BF1942 for fun hoping to win so it would be even more fun. Now guys run around with knives trying to get "the knife badge" (yay a picture of a real medal/ribbon woooh!) Not saying that i'm not impressed by that because i guess it's quite an achievement, but the stabber does probably not much care about winning or losing. All he wants is enough time to stab 20+ people!
            So if you would ask me i'd say leave stats out and go play another genre if you really like to go for stats n medal n shiit. (mmorpg, simulators, sports etc)

I'm a shooter. I like shooter games and i don't need stats with that!

Comment

Let's have few more votes before the poll closes. Remember, the first option means fun+stats, not stats only.

Vote people, I'm sure there are more than just 90 members here.

Comment

Working...
              X