Maximum points per round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum points per round

Lets do it.....Lets just all agree on the max points possible in a round. If you reach this magic number, your points dont go any higher, but stats are still kept as normal. This would get rid of the commander glitch, and also discourage rampant stat padding. I say the limit should be 200 points....what do you think? Also, they should come up with a number that is an automatic reset, like say anything over 500 points in a round.....lets discuss..

Re: Maximum points per round

my best round is 240 or something , didn't cheat, padded, exploited or whatever, it's possible on a 32player server running 64 maps, and when it's filled with noobs (so you have to kill most of the enemy's and cape flags) .

proof .

I also believe best round scores can be over 300 points , 16player server running 64map, 500points in one round seems a bit over the top

Comment

Yeah 500 points seems a bit too much.

Comment

mine is kind of like rombafts, 240 something. Same situation as his, just a round with a bunch of idiots on a 64 player map, yet there was only a few people in the server. Funny thing was I didn't realize how many points I had until the end of the round, since i was just playing for fun.

People that have over...well heck 300 points or so a round you have to question. I even question my own top score....really i just was lucky I guess, but those people that have 500+ for a top score, have to wonder.

Comment

I know that 200 is achievable, I wanted to make it low enough so that people wouldnt feel like they needed to pad their way up to the highest. If we set it to 300, their would be quite a bit more incentive to pad to the max.

Comment

My high is 320 as a commander with 12 players on a 64-man map where all both teams did was fly choppers around capping flags. Game took over two hours. I think 500 might be a little low; I'd hate to see someone get like 501 points legitimately only to be wiped.

Comment

200 is not impossible to get, especially if you're the commander of a winning team on a 64 player map. In this shot I was a medic, and most of my points were flag caps along with 30+ revives, 20+ heals, kill assists and of course kills.

Setting a BRS limit is stupid, imo. There will always be a time you get lucky and the teams happen to be even, which yields to VERY high scores across the board.

Comment

You know even if you set the max at 500, stat padders could just get 498 each round and continue.

Comment

high point serers are against the ROE, they are servers with large mapsize, and low player count

i disagree with the idea of an automatic wipe, i think it would be best to investigate players with high BRS, but not just reset them

Comment

My highest is 150 as commander, the only time ever I went to a large maps with few players (getting Staff Officer ribbon)

Second of that would be 132, Masthuur City, large map 64 player, flying around in the Mi-8/17 as pilot with a squad spamming C4

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                      high point serers are against the ROE, they are servers with large mapsize, and low player count

i disagree with the idea of an automatic wipe, i think it would be best to investigate players with high BRS, but not just reset them
                      As I understood the definition of High Point servers, those were servers that enforced knife-pistol-only rules.

In either case, there ARE times when a 64 player server/map only has X number of people on it because it's late in that timezone and most people are asleep. (except for us BF2 addicts )

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp

high point server, running 64 maps with fewer people on it are totaly not against the ROE , the only high point server that are against the ROE are the pistol/knife servers.

Comment

I stink so much I can barely imagine scores over 200.
                          My best round was 82.

Comment

its all dependent on how long the game is.

a 64 player game with you versus 8 PBF noobs is going to result in you getting a score of 150 +, more if they dont take flags.

also, if you get a server together of people who WANT the game to continue and NEVER take flags, the game will literally have huge scores for everyone.

unfortunately, i very rarely find these long games. i had a few games of 150 score, but i can get about 65 in a standard length game (maybe 4 minutes?)

how long is the average 64 player game anyway? of karkand or mashtuur? too damn short if you ask me, id like twice as many tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                              high point server, running 64 maps with fewer people on it are totaly not against the ROE , the only high point server that are against the ROE are the pistol/knife servers.
                              pistol and kife servers are categorised in the ROE in the same section, but seperate line from high-point servers, knife and pistol servers are calld "knife and pistol servers" the term "high points server" is assigned to something different

taken from http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/foru...read.php?t=251 :

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:
                              • § Knife-Pistol-Revive
                              • § Knife-Pistol only Servers
                              • § Knife only Servers
                              • § High Points Servers
                              • § Infantry only Servers
                              • § No Artillery or Armour Servers
                              • § Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points
                              • § Turning boats upside down and repairing
                              • § Glitching inside buildings.
                              • § Modifying game files for vehicles and weapons.
                              • § Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.

Comment

Working...
                              X