A solution to the J10/JSF problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A solution to the J10/JSF problem

It's very simple. J10, Mig29, etc should retain their superior manuverability over US jet (soviet-sino jets are designed with super manuverability in mind).

HOWEVER, J10's missile, when going against F35, should be VERY unreliable due to the fact that JSF has IR suppression. Take the current situation, F35's missile is almost impossible to hit J10, yet J10's missile may hit almost everytime, this situation should be reversed but with exactly the current hit rate (that is, the current hit rate of F35 missile vs. J10 should be exactly the hit rate of J10 missile vs. JSF)

Re: A solution to the J10/JSF problem

exactly.. and since the J-10 has the superior manueverability, it would require them to escape the JSF. I think that the J-10 should be the one that should be sneaking up on JSF's... I mean, wasn't the JSF built for stealth, and the engines were meant to run cool so that missles had a hard time tracking them..?

Comment

so basically reversing the missile lock on system currently in place?
      That won't balance things - in fact it would more likely create a whole truckload of issues - keep the coding simple means fewer bugs

firstly making the j10 equally vulnerable to AAM as the f35b would solve most problems, as you well know the missiles track a j10 and then decide to miss when they should detonate

secondly if the f35 vtol actually was implemented usefully as a near instant air brake then the fight would be equal - 2 equally skilled pilots would score equally with both - j10 with superior manouverability and f35 with superior acceleration and deceleration

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
        so basically reversing the missile lock on system currently in place?
        That won't balance things - in fact it would more likely create a whole truckload of issues - keep the coding simple means fewer bugs

firstly making the j10 equally vulnerable to AAM as the f35b would solve most problems, as you well know the missiles track a j10 and then decide to miss when they should detonate

secondly if the f35 vtol actually was implemented usefully as a near instant air brake then the fight would be equal - 2 equally skilled pilots would score equally with both - j10 with superior manouverability and f35 with superior acceleration and deceleration
        Well ya, that, and make the JSF's missles actually work, because its not only the J-10 that evades the JSF's missles.

You know what.. I think to myself... all of the time.. why did they even leave 1.12...? lol

NOTHING was wrong with the game, and because of the people who whined about bunnyhopping and all that.. well, now, there is almost no character manipulation, and its basically a still battle.. whoever has the better gun and better aim wins. Kinda boring. People complained bunnyhopping was unrealistic... how about I get a gun and start shooting at you in real life... we'll see how unrealistic it is

And the jets... the jets.... they were PERFECT. AA needed to track slightly better, sure, but A2A, WTF? why would DICE go in and mess that all up?

Comment

true - the su34 seems to be invisible to them sometimes but this is much rarer, I've yet to see it happen more than once or twice unlike with the j10
          Really the only problem is with the f35 missiles which don't hit with any regularity - improve them and the problem will ease considerably

And if you want real balance implement identical handling which i'd hate to see happen or actually make the F35 have a viable advantage such as massive deceleration utilising its VTOL capabilities

That is really all there is to it
          While all the non US jets are superior, the Migs and F18 is almost perfect balance while the Mig vs the F35 is not horribly unbalanced at all
          The problem is that missiles dont hit the J10

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
            You know what.. I think to myself... all of the time.. why did they even leave 1.12...? lol

NOTHING was wrong with the game, and because of the people who whined about bunnyhopping and all that.. well, now, there is almost no character manipulation, and its basically a still battle.. whoever has the better gun and better aim wins. Kinda boring. People complained bunnyhopping was unrealistic... how about I get a gun and start shooting at you in real life... we'll see how unrealistic it is
            Is this supposed to be a joke? I'm gunna' assume you're joking and give ya' a :laugh: for being so original in your comedy.

And the jets... the jets.... they were PERFECT. AA needed to track slightly better, sure, but A2A, WTF? why would DICE go in and mess that all up?
            Slightly is an understatement. S2A missiles didn't work correctly. Sure, you could jump through 800 different loops, time your breathing, check your windage, make sure you brought the right CD-Player, etc. etc.

Yet, for us normal people who wanted a missile that the Jets should have to fear at "ALL" times while in its range, we were shafted.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Yeah...keeping up with the J10 isn't the problem. A good pilot can. It's actually getting the missles to hit the thing that is the problem. We can't let DICE get out of hand with fixing this, because as we've seen in the past, they fix something only to make the original problem worse. All that needs to happen is even out all A2A missles on the planes so they actually hit. The F18, while not as manuverable as the J10 is also pretty hard to hit with missles. It's not the planes that need fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                Is this supposed to be a joke? I'm gunna' assume you're joking and give ya' a :laugh: for being so original in your comedy.

Slightly is an understatement. S2A missiles didn't work correctly. Sure, you could jump through 800 different loops, time your breathing, check your windage, make sure you brought the right CD-Player, etc. etc.

Yet, for us normal people who wanted a missile that the Jets should have to fear at "ALL" times while in its range, we were shafted.

{WP}Paas
                No.. it wasn't a joke. I never bunnyhopped or used a "noob tube", and I would always just listen to people bitch and moan about it.

And the S2A, they are good how they are now... I think. It's about a 50% chance of hitting, which is good.

But the JSF needs some improvements.. It needs to be less vulnerable to missles, and the missles need to actually work.

DEFINATELY keep the unbalanced manueverabilty and all of that, because you need different pros and cons..

Like the J-10 has a long lasting afterburner, it can turn very sharp, and missles don't hit AS often, while the JSF can hover, has a short, but VERY powerful afterburner, better for bombing/A2S, and it should have a very good airbrake. The JSF has alot of pros, but only a couple of them are pros for dogfighting. The JSF is the best jet for killing things on the ground... period. But still, even when it comes to the air... J-10 is just WAY too overpowered.. not only against the JSF but against everything, and the JSF is UNDERpowered, not only against the J-10, but everything.

Originally posted by royaljewellz
                It's not the planes that need fixing.
                EXACTLY!

Comment

i swear too many retards play this game

the f35 is a **** plane full stop, j10 missiles arent super dooper, they are the same as ANY OTHER PLANES missles. the f35 just cannot avoid any missiles whatsoever, thats from migs, su's, j10's, igla/stingers and aa tanks.
                  the only reason there are people whinging about the j10 is because it can break off the lock from an f35 very quickly and leave the pilot at a bad angle to fire.

the ONLY major missile dodger in bf2 is the f18, but oh no everyone ignores that

the best solution is to tone the A2A missiles down again so they are only just a tad better than 1.12, that will give the f35's and bombers a chance.

so pls stop with all these ****ty j10 overpowered blah blah threads and come up with something that will stop mr private spamming 6 missiles at an evading plane, that they cant keep a lock on for more than 1 or 2 loops/evasive manouvers.

Comment

A2A is generally fine tried the F18 and I agree it can evade almost as well as the Eurofighter. Very powerful plane in the right hands as a result.

The J10 is defo overpowered I'd still favour leaving the plane handling but nerfing the armour, one AA = dead plane, it's great fun to chuck around.

N00bs still giving you trouble Zip?

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r

the f35 is a **** plane full stop, j10 missiles arent super dooper, they are the same as ANY OTHER PLANES missles. the f35 just cannot avoid any missiles whatsoever, thats from migs, su's, j10's, igla/stingers and aa tanks.
                      the only reason there are people whinging about the j10 is because it can break off the lock from an f35 very quickly and leave the pilot at a bad angle to fire.

the ONLY major missile dodger in bf2 is the f18, but oh no everyone ignores that

the best solution is to tone the A2A missiles down again so they are only just a tad better than 1.12, that will give the f35's and bombers a chance.

so pls stop with all these ****ty j10 overpowered blah blah threads and come up with something that will stop mr private spamming 6 missiles at an evading plane, that they cant keep a lock on for more than 1 or 2 loops/evasive manouvers.
                      And so that explains the countless incidinces of a J10 NOT using evasive maneuvering and missles STILL breaking track at the last minute how? I just think you're oversimplying the matter a bit.

Comment

i guess i would be fine with this, it would be better if the aa missiles just hit a locked target thats in its flight path and if flares worked

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r

uh uh ... J-10 is overpowered, JSF is UNDERpowered. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                            uh uh ... J-10 is overpowered, JSF is UNDERpowered. End of story.
                            mig29 is overpowered compared to the f35
                            j10 is overpowered compared to the f35
                            f18 is overpowered compared to the j10 and mig29

do you not see a pattern of the f35 just being **** ???

Originally posted by 52CS Ratard
                            And so that explains the countless incidinces of a J10 NOT using evasive maneuvering and missles STILL breaking track at the last minute how? I just think you're oversimplying the matter a bit.
                            they hit me nearly every time in the j10 with no evasive manouver. its the f18 that will dodge missiles with no evasive manouvers.

Comment

During the time Ive played around with some ideas in my mind that would help the situation out.

Set all fighters collision mesh to equal in terms of surface and profile from the rear.

Set ATA missle to miss hits when the jets are making a full-afterburner turn. (upgraded 1.12, downgraded 1.2)

Set AB timer according to the speed boost so that the jets, using afetrburner will cover the exact same distance.
                              (eg. F35B + ~1400 KPH + 10 sec. AB = X metres distance/ J10 + ~1300 KPH + 11 sec AB = X metres distance)

Increase J-10 full roll speed by 1 second, both AB and ABless roll.

Decrease fighters bombs splash damage to make them anti-armor specialized, instead of all-around capable.

Increase jets cannon bullet grouping significantly to make hitting distant targets harder.

Decrease jets armor and STA/ATA missile damage aswell to keep the 2missiles/1jet damage ratio and decrease missile damage to choppers.

Set "cooling" or "reload" time for missiles- 1-2 seconds between each launch.

If the missiles chase capabilities will be effectively high- decrease jets missile payload. 2 for bombers and 4 for fighters.

Hmm... I might have missed something.

Comment

Working...
                              X