More points for a 1 shot kill ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More points for a 1 shot kill ?

I believe that certain classes should get at least one extra point for doing what their kit is built for.

Sniper = Extra points per kill on a head shot.
    Assault = Extra points per kill with Rifle or GL.

I think that these two classes would benefit greatly with this change b/c most of the other classes have multiple ways to gain points.(healing, reviving, repairing, supplying, destroying commanders assests)

Re: More points for a 1 shot kill ?

They just nerfed those classes so I doubt they would help us poor snipers. I agree that snipers should have some sort of other incentive to get points, but I find assualt is ok.

Comment

There has been posts like this before about how medics and support benefit greatly from "support" points, yet others don't. Even being an engineer doesn't benefit from their support points the way medics and support guys do. For engineers, they should be able to throw "repair" packs down that repair the same way the supply crates do. Assault guys should maybe get like 3 points for kills instead of 2 seeing as killing is their main job. Snipers could get points for spotting enemies. Anti-tank should maybe get extra points for all armor/equipment kills. These are vague, but it would be nice to have the same kind of incentive to play other kits besides support and medic.

Comment

Originally posted by royaljewellz
        There has been posts like this before about how medics and support benefit greatly from "support" points, yet others don't. Even being an engineer doesn't benefit from their support points the way medics and support guys do. For engineers, they should be able to throw "repair" packs down that repair the same way the supply crates do. Assault guys should maybe get like 3 points for kills instead of 2 seeing as killing is their main job. Snipers could get points for spotting enemies. Anti-tank should maybe get extra points for all armor/equipment kills. These are vague, but it would be nice to have the same kind of incentive to play other kits besides support and medic.
        Excellent, thats exactly what I was trying to say, but didn't know how. GG.

Comment

Originally posted by royaljewellz
          I argued that way back
          Sniper - 1pt for Spotting enemies that are then killed while they remain 'spotted' on the minimap
          AT - 1pt for each shot landed on armour only, normal kill and kill assist points apply
          Engineer - 1pt for restoring half health not full health as it is now

Spec Ops, Support and Medic are fine
          Assault needs a boost in other areas such as smoke grenades, sprint and stronger gl but not in points

Comment

Personally I love getting stuck into the thick of things with my M11-87. That thing is a beast. And as for "throwing down repair packs", umm you have anti tank mines.

Throw those down and it's +2. Sometimes +4 6 or even 8 in the right places.

I think AT should get a points boost for killing a tank/APC and more than the simple +2 for a kill. Maybe an extra +2 if you take out the tank with a person in it (to avoid people padding by blowing up vehicles)

KBK

Comment

The problem is you "snipers" are of limited. There is a time and place for snipers, however, it is not all the time, which many snipers do.

When I top the points in the round, I will usually spawn once or twice as a sniper and get a good SPM during that time.

However, if you are a sniper all the time it is because you are using sniper when it makes no sense to be a sniper . . . that type of lack of teamplay should not be rewarded, IMO. You are basically asking for teampoints when, in reality, you aren't being a team player.

I totally disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                The problem is you "snipers" are of limited. There is a time and place for snipers, however, it is not all the time, which many snipers do.

When I top the points in the round, I will usually spawn once or twice as a sniper and get a good SPM during that time.

However, if you are a sniper all the time it is because you are using sniper when it makes no sense to be a sniper . . . that type of lack of teamplay should not be rewarded, IMO. You are basically asking for teampoints when, in reality, you aren't being a team player.

I totally disagree.
                55% of the time, i'm in the midst of the battle with my squad, the other 45% i am spotting or on a central location of the map that will give me a good vantage point that will allow me to defend a flag.

Do you know how many times I have defended the suburbs by myself ?

Comment

True, even the best sniper should chose a different kit if the situation demands it.
                  But until someone is comfortable with the kit he needs a lot of practice. So that's why you find so many snipers while we actually need AT because the last flag is being surrounded by armor...

But that counts for all classes, not just snipers. I've seen medics being raped by 4 tanks at the last flag, and guess what they spawn next... ya you guessed right... medic all the way...

I'm happy with how the points are being rewarded to a sniper. I usually wrap up about 60-80 points per round just with the rifle/grenades/claymores/pistol.

I usually find my task as a sniper in defending important flags. Do I not help my team by defending flags?
                  I like to think that I'm a teamplayer, even if I'm using a sniper kit, and cannot go in to cap the flag I will do my best to keep their backs and flanks covered, and inform them about any enemy movement that I notice.

Comment

the sniper is a useful team player when the player is skilled enough but back to the topic at hand
                    If you wish to make the sniper more of a teamplayer than make him do his job - spotting enemies
                    Sniper - 1pt for Spotting enemies that are then killed while they remain 'spotted' on the minimap
                    AT - 1pt for each shot landed on armour only, normal kill and kill assist points apply
                    Engineer - 1pt for restoring half health not full health as it is now

Spec Ops, Support and Medic are fine
                    Assault needs a boost in other areas such as smoke grenades, sprint and stronger gl but not in points

Comment

Working...
                    X