BF2 on a Mac?? Video inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 on a Mac?? Video inside...

Due to Apple's new Boot Camp software that allows for XP to be fully installed on an Intel-based Macintosh, Battlefield 2 and all other PC games are now playable on a mac. How exciting.... Now you can harness the raw power of a mac such as the Macbook Pro, and use it for BF2.

Check it out... This is a video some guy made, showing how well BF2 runs on a mac, in the video he is playing in Single player mode, but the performance wouldnt be that different for MP. Also, these are high-performance ingame setting, such as particle effects and resolution.

Again, i did not make this video, im just posting it here to make people aware.

and here is a page containing a video of Half Life 2, which runs very well on a mac.

Re: BF2 on a Mac?? Video inside...

Looks awesome. Wish I could turn everything on high

Comment

Pretty cool...but looks like there is some serious "ghosting" going on there.

Comment

so thats how bf2 is supposed to look :|

Comment

The ghosting i think has to do partly with the vid. cam and the computer... doesnt bother me much though.

Comment

Nope that gosting is from the computer screen, it also has some major light leakage on the right side, unfortunatly for him he probably didnt know he could have had his screen replaced to fix that.

Comment

What's with the crosshair? It's often over on the right hand side of the screen.

Oh, and how well can a guy play with a mouse with only one button? Sorry, had to be said.

Comment

they have a 2 button mouse for macs

Comment

Comment

umm, no offense, but I can run all high in a 9800 Pro PC in SINGLE player.

EDIT: not only it's in single player, it's also the DEMO version, which is known to run better than the full version.

Comment

proves that the g5 is one of the most stable systems out there

Comment

Originally posted by ZemonerZ
                        proves that the g5 is one of the most stable systems out there
                        this video is made with intel chip.

also, my BF2 has NEVER crashed with OVERCLOCKED AMD64.

Comment

at a lab...they have this sick mac....(its like 1-2 yrs old) but its like 4gb ram and a 6800 ultra..

Comment

Originally posted by Big_red_Cube
                            What a truly uninspiring design (as compared to the transparent look that the previous generation had). If I still had an Apple, I'd sooner use a Logitech G7.

Comment

I posted this not only to show how well the Mac can run it, but also to show that it CAN be done... for those of you who arent familiar, Macs are terrible systems for gaming, using OS X, but now that you can Dual Boot with windows, there is a whole new world of gaming opened up to Mac gamers. This is huge. And yes, its just the demo, and yes, its just the SP, and yes, its not the best system out there. What gives? Its still being done... I think some of you are not realizing what is happening here.

"oh its not that great"
                              "oh his screen does this"
                              "I can run it better"
                              "Its just the demo which has been shown..."

These are meaningless comments that defeat the whole purpose of what im trying to show here. Sure, its not THAT great, but the iMac hes playing on isnt the best setup available either. All im sayin is... "Look, a mac is playing BF2... "

Comment

Working...
                              X