MasterSGT and proud of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MasterSGT and proud of it!

Well, after much trying and failing, I missed the knife badge by 2 in many rounds. It just is not natural for me to whip out my knife and fight with it. But my promotion came at an awesome time.

I was on Fushe Pass as AT and I was taking the point closest to the China's base across the river where there was a hostile tank. There was a fierce battle there(I forgot I was close to being promoted) and took out the APC and a soldier with the AT rocket:laugh: and boom the promotion screen comes on and I am about half lifea and looking for a medic or supply crate(ya right, on Fushe) and killed a soldier after he gets out of his little buggy and cap another flag.

But I have a question, do I still need the knife badge to make SGM? I know I need the basic aviater badge, but what about the knife. Thanks in advance

Re: MasterSGT and proud of it!

from the req i see is u just need these

* Score: 50,000
    * Awards: Basic Armor Badge, Basic Transport Badge, Basic Helicopter Badge, Basic Aviator Badge, Basic Air Defense Badge, Basic Ground Defense Badge

Comment

It doesn't apply to me as I got my knife badge...but I do wander if you don't get it and miss first sergeant, will you need it to get command sergeant major...

Comment

Originally posted by royaljewellz
        It doesn't apply to me as I got my knife badge...but I do wander if you don't get it and miss first sergeant, will you need it to get command sergeant major...
        That is what I was wondering. This one BF2 stat page said I need the basic aviator for SGM, so I don't need the knife for SGM

Comment

From what I understand at this level......if you have the knife and pistol then you would now be a First Sergeant. Since you've already been promoted you cannot go back and get it and make FS. When I get First Sergeant pretty soon, my next rank at 50k points will be Master Gunnery Sergeant unless I get the aviator badge (I plan on sitting in a jet for 10 minutes to do that). Your path has been set young grasshoppa.

Comment

I'm glad I got my basic knife already... although for some reason veteran knife seems 10x harder to get than the basic one? Even though they're both 7 kills iar...

*sigh* sitting in a heli for 15 minutes without being blown up... *sigh*

Comment

<------didn't get my basic pistol till after 20k.....now i'm stuck at 100% progress untill 50k (because i have basic/vet pistol now)...lame.

Comment

Originally posted by PigPopTart
                <------didn't get my basic pistol till after 20k.....now i'm stuck at 100% progress untill 50k (because i have basic/vet pistol now)...lame.
                Is that why your sig always says 100%. By the way good job on your progess. You started BF2 weeks after me and passed me up big time.

Comment

Master Sergeant here too man! All because of that dang knife badge. Just like you I have gotten 5-or 6 several times, but never seven. My gun is much more effective.

I got my promotion in vanilla by taking out an APC with an A-T missile. Sweet! In SF, I got the promotion by blowing away somebody with the DAO. Considering I play A-T the most, this fit very well.

Now starts the long long road to 50000. Sigh. As others have said you do not need the knife, just those other basic type badges. I do not have the knife, and it says my next promotion will be Sergeant Major on bf2s, because I have the other badges...

Comment

Originally posted by {Sn][per} ELI
                    From what I understand at this level......if you have the knife and pistol then you would now be a First Sergeant. Since you've already been promoted you cannot go back and get it and make FS. When I get First Sergeant pretty soon, my next rank at 50k points will be Master Gunnery Sergeant unless I get the aviator badge (I plan on sitting in a jet for 10 minutes to do that). Your path has been set young grasshoppa.
                    Thanks, ,my path has been set for the next 30k points. That more than double what it took to get MasterSGT. I should really be good at this game by my next promotion, or I need to hang it up.:laugh:

Comment

we'll need to call you the samurai by then... because you're going to play with that knife all day long now...

Comment

Play on Sharqi and wait for knife prey after capturing the TV station.. got 16 knife kills that way before the round ended

Comment

Master Sergant here to!

Didn't have my knife badge before I got to 20k either, however my problem was that I already had 20k points when the patch was released. So I didn't think I'd need that badge with the old point system.

Well only 6.7k points left to SGM, been a long time since the last promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Marveric
                            *sigh* sitting in a heli for 15 minutes without being blown up... *sigh*

Not hard.....+the minutes dont have to be consecutive. Meaning if ya get blown up just jump right back in a heli.

Comment

It's funny, i used do better with a knife than a pistol...i have my expert knife badge....next is my expert pistol. I love it when i take out a sniper with my pistol and then follow it up with a taunt...."PISTOL OWNAGE!" then i usually get something along the lines of "BITE ME POPTART!"

Damn, i need to get a scope for my pistol...muhahahahaha

Ace4u, i added you to my xfire, hopefully we can squad up soon and tear it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X