Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK to use the EA downloader serial of SF on DVD version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK to use the EA downloader serial of SF on DVD version?

I re-installed BF2 today to sort out some issues (had reformatted my machine and BF2 didn`t like that), and I`ll be darned if I`m going to use the EA downloader again to download 1.25gb of Special Forces. So instead I`m thinking of grabbing a torrent of the DVD version of it and downloading it that way and installing it using the serial I found in the EA downloader. I suspect this should work nicely, but just incase I want to ask if anyone knows if there is a problem to this.

Re: OK to use the EA downloader serial of SF on DVD version?

Erm, by downloading the torrent your downloading 1.2 GB anyway, wouldnt it be easyer just to download it from EA and burn it to a disk?

Comment

Well yes I`m downloading 1.2gb anyway, but its much faster and easier to use a torrent program then using EA downloader which takes a week to get the thing and has a high risk of not even getting it down right (Euro Force was corrupted when I first downloaded it, and it seems to be a common problem).

Comment

Originally posted by Kinseek
        Well yes I`m downloading 1.2gb anyway, but its much faster and easier to use a torrent program then using EA downloader which takes a week to get the thing and has a high risk of not even getting it down right (Euro Force was corrupted when I first downloaded it, and it seems to be a common problem).
        Yeah...but you've already used EA dam*loader to fetch it once. You should probably just keep your fingers crossed and let EA dam*load to your comp overnight. There are fewer people fetching files right now (no patches, no newly released products) so things ought (*cough, cough--OUGHT*) to go faster.

Besides, that way you don't risk getting banned from the forums for uttering the phrase "torrenting a copy".

Yup, I believe you had a legit copy, however...the walls have ears here...and the ears have "EA" tattooed upon them.

Comment

Working...
        X