Console to toggle right mouse aim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console to toggle right mouse aim?

Hi guys, just installed BF2, runs ok, though still a bit choppy even with 7800GTX. My question is whether or not there's an option to change the right click aim from a toggle (on/off) into a hold type. That is, it only switches to gunsight view when I'm holding onto the right mouse button, and back to normal view when I let off.

This is how I've always played my FPS and BF2 seems pretty lacking in user options compared to games like CS Source and Call of Duty 2. CoD2 has probably the best user defined keyboard and mouse options. Just wondering if there's a console command that allows the toggle change?

Re: Console to toggle right mouse aim?

hi AKSU,
    Im not sure why it goes back to regular view when you let it go. Mine actually stays in zoom mode after a single click and it goes back after a 2nd click. Try adn reset all your keys to default and see if that has any change. It should just stay after the single click.
    As far as your choppyness, try and find some solid drivers. The support forum here has a lot of great information. Good luck.

Comment

lol Sorry my wording was probably bad. What I want is to change it so it only goes to gunsight view when I'm holding onto the right mouse button. At the moment it's on the default setting, so it takes 1 click to go gunsight, then 1 click to go normal. I prefer to have it so it goes to gunsight after 1 click AND hold, then back to normal when I release the right mouse button. Hope that clarifies a bit.

Any console command tricks to do this?

Comment

i have not seen any that toggle it on or off

i wish there was i like the idea of dropping sights that quick

Comment

What you're looking for is possible with a tool called BF2 Enhanced. Most people usually look for the crouch toggle feature but when I saw the topic title I guessed this would be what you were looking for.

TotalBF2 thread:

Download page:

I'd only really used the 'Crouch Toggle' feature, but don't use this anymore, works a treat but I had a go at the Ironsight hold mouse button view and it worked ok too. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for that Lansercrek. I reckon DICE should have added these options in. Makes gameplay much smoother.

Comment

Working...
            X