Graphics Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Crash

i hope you guys can help me as you have before..

I have had my EVGA 7800GT for about 4 months along with my ASUS A8N-SLI MOBO with an AMD 3200+ and 120GB Seagate HDD. Now when the new patch 1.22 came out I upgraded from 1GB Kingston to 2GB Corsair XMS PC4200 on the same day. Since the patch and my new RAM and being able to turn ,my graphics all the way up ive been having a problem with that. after a little while the screen will change colors split up ETC. Then the game will freeze and I have to restart my PC.
    My thoughts:
    1. Thoguht my graphics could be over heating but even if i play with the side of the case off it still happens and the time it takes to crash was extended but somtime it happens just as fast,not to mention this card should be able to handle this game with the RAm that I have
    2. old EVGA drivers, i got the newest, still no fix
    3.Could the new patch caused a glitch just for me(doubt it)
    4. Could something be in my RAM??

Any ideas you guys have would be most helpful

Re: Graphics Crash

i have the same mobo with graphics card and i was haveing a problem with crashing to the desktop this was pre 1.2 though i found out my ram cas timings were off they were 2.5 3 3 5 when they were supposed to be 2 2 2 5 so the changed the timings and now everything works great also if that does not work make sure you have the up to date bios and chipset drivers

Comment

Well I think I've burnt my card out.
      I keep getting multi-coloured speckles across my screen now.Funnily enough though not in BF2 but on my normal desktop and while playing other games.
      6800GT Btw

Comment

I dont understand how the timings work. i go into bios and tehres a list of bumers like CAs which I know then its like 2
        Something like that so when you say 2-3-3-3 which numbers are those reffering too? Thanks

Comment

Well, these numbers are #1 CAS Latency #2 RAS to CAS Delay #3 RAS Precharge #4 TRAS for example with my timings 2 2 2 5 first 2 is CAS Latency second 2 is RAS to CAS Delay third 2 is RAS Precharge and the 5 is TRAS. so find out the timing from the makers web site if you can't find it there look up your product at newegg.com and they should have the timings for you do not forget about the chipset and bios updates though

Comment

Working...
          X