Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset sound

Hi.
    I recently noticed that when i am traveling in a boat, i can only hear the engine when i am facing it when using my headphones. Its like i cant hear behind me. This is getting really annoying, so is it a hardware limitation, or can it be set using a software method.

The other thing, the headset i am using is this one:
    Clickster

Now i have to say is that it ****es me off beacuse it sqeezes my skull, and also the sound from it is muffled. The headset i had before (which i loved, but it broke) was pretty much identical to this one:
    Clickster

I am pretty keen on getting this one, as i am not very fond of the "over the head" headsets, as they give me the sqeezed skull effect. Is it any good for gaming though, i am not looking for Uber bass madness or anything.
    Any help would be really appreciated!

Re: Headset sound

What sound card do you have? if you have an XF-i (or similar) then I would highly recoment the speedlink 5.1 Medusa's

Comment

Sound Card And Headset????

Comment

Ok, the headset i use is shown in the above link if you read carefully.

My sound card (which i forgot to mention) is the rubbishy onboard AC'97 5.1 audio.

Comment

well it could be ur sound settings make shutr they are on high.

Comment

Yea its the onbaord sound, because even on my ipod earpuds, it felt like things were going on behind me

Comment

kk, what do u guys think about the second pair in the top post?

Comment

I tell you man, pay a bit extra and get a quality pair of phones. Everyone spends big bucks on the rest of their hardware and they skimp on the sound. With the right card (or even the AC '97 onboard) and a good pair of headphones, you are THERE. With a Creative dedicated card, particularly an X-Fi, you are REALLY THERE.

I highly recommend these:

Buy SENNHEISER PC 135 3.5mm/ USB Connector Supra-aural Gaming Headset with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

When the arty rains down on you will wet your pants, no joke.

FYI, my hat size is 7 3/4 and I can wear these all night. Very comfy.

Comment

Working...
                X