Problems logging in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems logging in

Hello, I purchased BF2 yesterday, I have updated it with the latest patch. But 95% of the time when I'm trying to log in I recieve this message:

'Connecting to account servers'

Or something like that. But it never connects, and I am not even able to close the game down so I have to reset the PC

My specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz @ 2.39GHz
    1279MB RAM
    Radeon 9500 256MB
    200GB HDD, 170GB Free..

I use ZoneAlarm (standard, not pro) as my firewall, and I have allowed it access.

Re: Problems logging in

i have the same problem...

i just installed the game yesterday and i try to log onto the online thing and black window comes up saying Connecting To Account Server...I think it actualy did connect once when i was on my desktop and had it loading in the background to see if my computer was frozen. Once i returned back to bf2 somehow it was connected and loading some random server for 6 minutes, then i fianlly got in and it changed the map. Its been crashing on some loads too.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Anybody got any solutions?

Comment

its weird cuz i also got stuck at 62%...must be contagious

Comment

Anyone got ideas?

Comment

Open port 16567/29900 in your router?
            Windows Firewall (allow bf2.exe)

Check it up

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
              Open port 16567/29900 in your router?
              Windows Firewall (allow bf2.exe)

Check it up
              Ports dont need to be set on the client router, thats only for the server.

Comment

The only time this has happened to me was after I installed new a/v + firewall software.

You should (I hate telling people this) disable/shut down your firewall TEMPORARILY, launch BF2 and see if that fixes it. If so, then you need to find out what settings your firewall needs to allow your BF2 client to talk to the mothership servers.

If that doesn't fix it, then you know it's not your firewall that's mucking things up.

Comment

I am having similar issue. I have wiped out my profiles and retrieved the account info again, nothing works. My buddy can connect to the account server with my account, but on mine, it gets stuck at connecting forever. I have a new account that I have created that works with no problems. Not sure what else to try, I dont want to rebuild my entire system to fix one account, especially since I have < 20 hours invested on the account.

Any other suggestions?

Thx.

Gamer is AMD 3700+, MSI Diamond+, 2GB Corsair, SATA II Raid 0 w/dual 250GB WD 16MB cache, PNY 7900GT.

Comment

Originally posted by opeth1
                    Hello, I purchased BF2 yesterday, I have updated it with the latest patch. But 95% of the time when I'm trying to log in I recieve this message:

'Connecting to account servers'

Or something like that. But it never connects, and I am not even able to close the game down so I have to reset the PC

My specs:
                    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz @ 2.39GHz
                    1279MB RAM
                    Radeon 9500 256MB
                    200GB HDD, 170GB Free..

I use ZoneAlarm (standard, not pro) as my firewall, and I have allowed it access.
                    I use ZAPro, but my friend uses the free standard version. Make sure that you have allowed the bf2.exe to act as a server also.

So, you should have "4" green check marks in your ZA Program Control for bf2.exe.

Other than that...I dont know...mine works.

Comment

Working...
                    X