• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huxley = new wargame

Huxley is a MMOFPS, massive multiplayer online first person shooter

its coming out for PC and Xbox 360

Its a sci-fi shooter set on earth, where 2 races fights eachother

Homo Sapiens ( we ! ) and Alternatives ( other human race )

Each race has a home city ( where 5000 Players can run around ! ), where you have an aparment, where you sleep , eat and stock your guns and tanks , you can walk around on the marketplace, to chat, and trade guns, in the city you cannot fight ,

as a clan , you can buy Clan halls / buildings for your clan only with banners and you can controll streetblocks ( gang style )

when going into battle , you step on some transport ( apc ) or dropship
    you will see other people and you can chat while the battlezone is approaching ( no load time cause of stream technology )

in the battlezone its about war, you fight for energy resources, you can controll bases ( BF style ) and you can collect resources and bring them back to your base , the battlezones are huge with islands as bases, in the middle is a huge island where the battle mainly starts, there will be teamwork because of a good squadsystem with rankings, you can lead the team to victory and gain wealth to buy new vehicles and clan halls or buildings in the city

Huxley can have 5000 players in a city and 120 fighing players on a battlezone, with ranking and level up system

the gameplay will be like quake with counterstrike style, so its fast and infantry based with additional firesupport such as gunships

The game runs on Unreal 3 Engine and it looks sweet !

dunno about payments, but prepare to buy a little money a month

info : www.huxleygame.com ( fansite )
    www.gamespot.com
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/738/738457.html

With the new Microsoft XNA technology, huxley can run on xbox 360 with 5000 players on a server cluster,

Re: Huxley = new wargame

i can't wait to own xbox 360 gamers with my PC. I can't believe they are going to be using the same server for both system. I hope they give the xbox 360 using an opition to use a kb/m also.

Comment

If you read the FAQ it says they don't have info on costs yet, I hope it isn't a monthly payment, and it also says you have housing etc, is this like some kind of RPG but fps?

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
        If you read the FAQ it says they don't have info on costs yet, I hope it isn't a monthly payment, and it also says you have housing etc, is this like some kind of RPG but fps?
        Yes it's an RPG with FPS combat. And yes there will be a 15 dollar monthly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleChimp
          Yes it's an RPG with FPS combat. And yes there will be a 15 dollar monthly fee.
          I hate games with a monthly fee, I don't have any though, as long as BF series never go like that I'll be happy. Anyway does that mean X360 users pay the fee, or is that already on their xbox live subscription?

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
            I hate games with a monthly fee, I don't have any though, as long as BF series never go like that I'll be happy. Anyway does that mean X360 users pay the fee, or is that already on their xbox live subscription?
            I believe x360 users do not have to have xbox live so it'll be a $15 fee for them as well.

Comment

I have been following this game for absolutely ages.

Hopefully it will release this year, it looks incredible. The features also, amazing, as long as they don't cut them before release.

Comment

It's an incredible game from the looks of it. Does the 15 bucks add on to your XBL Subscribtion fee? Or do you not need XBL for this?

Comment

We have had our eye on this title since E3 last year. I spoke with some people from Webzen at last years E3. I believe they are a company to watch. In my opinion they are the only real players who could give the big B (Blizzard) a run for their money. Yeah I know that is saying a lot but look at what they are working on.

A.P.B. for 2007 looks to be huge and being that is has a GTA theme it will do very well. These guys are making all the right moves including signing a rather large deal with Red 5 Studios who is run by many of the same people who made Blizzard what it is before they defected to form their own studio.

I will have a good amount of screenshots and interviews that I will share once we get back from this years E3. This title is on my hit list no doubt and one that I am considering along with Quake Wars for being an official title that our team will be representing. Any rate does look hot and something to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Wonton
                    It's an incredible game from the looks of it. Does the 15 bucks add on to your XBL Subscribtion fee? Or do you not need XBL for this?
                    I am 99% sure you do not need XBL. But, they are separate fees.

Comment

nice, but first I want to see some reviews, don't like to pay 15$ a month, unless the game would rock like nothing else offcourse, screens do look good, but rather wished it was less futuristic

Comment

games like this is just a bit 'freaky' to be honest. also, it seems to bring people into the game better than heroin keeps addicts.

anyway , any preview movie or so?
                        edit:n/m

Comment

lol

2 things bad about this

1- console gamers have no chance with controllers versus mouses honestly

2- pc gamers get to hear ALL of the little whiny kids we all do on xboxlive!

have fun with that

If i get this game, i'm def going to get it for PC.

Comment

The game screenshots look very good, are they ingame or FMV shots?
                            It looks good, but the main question is does it play well?
                            I don't think I would personally play a game that charges a monthly subscription , unless it was amazing and more addictive than Battlefield 2

Comment

There's a Q&A on gamespot regarding this game; nothing most didnt already know TBH, link anyway http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/hu...9&page=1&q=&q=

Some new screenies on there to.

Comment

Working...
                              X