Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly do you get Ultra High settings for XFi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly do you get Ultra High settings for XFi?

I found this post, but am confused on exacly which cache folder to delete...

Can anyone help me?

Re: How exactly do you get Ultra High settings for XFi?

select ultra -high setting in audio , that's it

Comment

i have the Fatal1ty FPS.....once the game detects you have an X-Fi the Ultra High setting becomes available (u have scroll down the available options in the Audio tab and its on the bottom). However, i play on just high as i cant tell the difference in sound quality and the lower setting gives me more FPS and a smoother game

Comment

hey is that card really that good? can you hear a differnce?
        I might get it....some advice would be apreciated.

Comment

MMkay, just tried the Ultra High and I get booted back to the desktop while loading a map. I guess I'll just stick w/ High. Works for me. I didn't even notice the scroll bar on the side. Thanks for pointing that out haha.

Comment

I think the X-Fi is excellent. However, its arguable whether the Fatal1ty version is worth it compared to Platinum version. The former has 64 meg of Xram, which can be used by developers to buffer the sound in the game, thereby increasing performance. The fact is though that no game as yet supports it, therefore it is useless (maybe slightly more future proof, but thats it). I like the front panel with all I/O connectors etc and the remote. There's no way i'm using it to its full potential but i could afford it at the time and it looks cool, so hey.

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
              MMkay, just tried the Ultra High and I get booted back to the desktop while loading a map. I guess I'll just stick w/ High. Works for me. I didn't even notice the scroll bar on the side. Thanks for pointing that out haha.
              Be sure you have set the cards software to "Game Mode" in the Creative Console Launcher (Start > Creative > Sound Blaster X-FI > Creative Console Launcher), before you start your BF2. Once you have done this you can set the audio to ultra high with np.

Comment

Nevermind, it works. Just had to do a simple reboot.
                My comp is fishy like that sometimes. Works great though, but can't seem to tell much difference. Oh well, I'll keep it on Ultra.

Comment

Working...
                X