CANNOT get into GAME anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANNOT get into GAME anymore...

ok, i started from a FRESH reinstall of windows, loaded BF2 vanilla, SF, PATCHED with FULL 1.22 patch, then INSTALLED, EUROFORCE.

on XFIRE, i joind a game, started PERFECTLY. then realized that i needed to change my settings, so i hit escape while loading the game, so i set my graphics to 1024 X 768 85hrtz REFRESH RATE, set almost everything to MEDIUM settins...., fix my key settings in the common infantry controls, and set up my chopper controls, hit apply, then i hit QUIT GAME, and proceded to XFIRE again, JOINED THE SAME GAME AS BEFORE, if gets to loading the game, the CD SPINS in the drive ( tried with mini image also, no Avail... ) The NORMAL BF2 game logo/image that pops up before you start the game comes up, then it closes, POOF, nothing happens, game DOES NOT START. after many reboots, and a FULL REINSTALL of everything...and RE-DOWNLOADS of the PATCH, and REPATCHING, IT WILL NOT START.

i have~

amd 3000+ prosc
    1 gig of ram
    geforce 6600 256mb card
    DX9
    Service Pack 2

EDIT::::
    I also just Noticed that BF2.exe is running under proscess.... but not doing anything when i try to start it.... WTF?

I have run this game hundreds of times on these specs without ANY PROBLEMS, what the hell is happening all of a sudden???

Re: CANNOT get into GAME anymore...

I'm having the same problem as you, if I find it I'll let you know.

Comment

install the patch again Euro Force will need patching

Comment

still wont work after re patch

Comment

Dude, I had this problem a while ago, you need to create a new admin account on windows and run BF2 from there.

Comment

ok, thanks for all the help guys, but the problem was in one of the profiles, its a glitch that happed to one of my clan mates, the screen resolution got screwed up in one of the profiles that i guess it starts up with or something, and it just crashes after the splash screen, sooo its all fixed now

the solution, DELETE the profile(s) or u can open them in notepad and edit the resolution....

Comment

Working...
            X