My Copmuters BF2 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Copmuters BF2 Problem

Ok guys i have made 3-4 topics on this and no one knows what the problem is. So here it is again. I use to be able to play BF2 and then i reformated. Now it wont work. I open BF2 and it goes into my defult profile. I click to play or options and it minimizes and closes on me. I have updated my drivers and i have done everyting i could think of with out buying a new PC. So is there anything that someone could mention that could fix my problem.

Cause it crashes to the desktop it must be a hard ware problem. Im not sure of what to do

Re: My Copmuters BF2 Problem

Originally posted by Sgt.Fraser
    Cause it crashes to the desktop it must be a hard ware problem. Im not sure of what to do
    I don't agree with that assessment. Could be software. In fact, it is likely a software issue.

So you reformatted and reinstalled XP and then BF2, on the same hardware as before, correct?

I hate to say it but I would go through the whole process again. Start by uninstalling and reinstalling BF2. If that doesn't work, I woud work my way backwards until I had done another reformat.

Comment

maybe its your 9250? I think they fixed those issues though. maybe patching messed it up if you did patch.

Comment

I had a similiar problem with an earlier patch, it kept dumping me to the desktop. It turned out to be a corrupted sound driver for my SB Audigy. Once I removed the old driver and installed the latest, the CTD stopped.

This can happen with video/sata/sound/motherboard drivers, so check them all.

Comment

turn your resfresh rate down then try it

Comment

so let me first hand say two things before I try to help
            1. dont create 4 different threads for the same topic about you just because no one was able to help you on them. dont even create TWO, one is enough, if we can help we can help, if we cant... well then live with it im sorry.

2. have you looked at the system requirements?? the MINIMUM CPU speed REQUIREMENT is 1.7ghz. your sig says you have a 1ghz CPU, thats 700mhz SLOWER than the REQUIRED speed, and IMO any 1ghz processer, even AMD must suck. So right off the bat you are below the requirements.
            You also have 512 ram, minimum, and I am guessing your card is PCI, many people on these forums had problems with the PCI version of that card, because you know why? it says in the system requirements that bf2 supports AGP and PCIexpress.

now let me try to help. so, lets assume that with those specs posted in your sig, you were able to play before you reformatted.
            you have DX9 installed...
            do you have the video drivers installed?
            any other sound cards or anything?
            and overclocking?

is the card AGP or PCI? If the card is PCI revert back to my previous questions, if the card is AGP, I heard that if you go into your BIOS and set the agp to 4x then it will work. You may have reset your BIOS before or after you reformatted and set it back to 8xor default, I heard that [only] with this specific AGP card you have to do that, so make sure AGP size or w/e in you BIOS is set to 4x.

other than that post any info you think maybe be useful.

Comment

dont know

Comment

I hate to say it but I would go through the whole process again. Start by uninstalling and reinstalling BF2. If that doesn't work, I woud work my way backwards until I had done another reformat.
                I have reinstalled about 3 times. I dont want to do another reformat but i am going to have to it seems

o let me first hand say two things before I try to help
                1. dont create 4 different threads for the same topic about you just because no one was able to help you on them. dont even create TWO, one is enough, if we can help we can help, if we cant... well then live with it im sorry.

2. have you looked at the system requirements?? the MINIMUM CPU speed REQUIREMENT is 1.7ghz. your sig says you have a 1ghz CPU, thats 700mhz SLOWER than the REQUIRED speed, and IMO any 1ghz processer, even AMD must suck. So right off the bat you are below the requirements.
                You also have 512 ram, minimum, and I am guessing your card is PCI, many people on these forums had problems with the PCI version of that card, because you know why? it says in the system requirements that bf2 supports AGP and PCIexpress.

now let me try to help. so, lets assume that with those specs posted in your sig, you were able to play before you reformatted.
                you have DX9 installed...
                do you have the video drivers installed?
                any other sound cards or anything?
                and overclocking?

is the card AGP or PCI? If the card is PCI revert back to my previous questions, if the card is AGP, I heard that if you go into your BIOS and set the agp to 4x then it will work. You may have reset your BIOS before or after you reformatted and set it back to 8xor default, I heard that [only] with this specific AGP card you have to do that, so make sure AGP size or w/e in you BIOS is set to 4x.

other than that post any info you think maybe be useful.
                If people arnt going to reply or anything to my topics im going to create another one. I didnt go out and spend almost 80$ on Bf2 and Bf2:SF for me not to play it. I have direct X 9, im not over clocking, i have the newest video card drivers (its a PCI), and i only have 1 sound card. My game worked for 2 weeks and i had no problems with it, and after a reformat it doesent work. So i belive my system requirments are ok. I just dont know why it isnt working

Comment

You said exactly what i was thinking sackynut, wot a no0b, that rig sucks big time for playing bf2!

Comment

Ya my Pc might suck, but it still played BF2 with no lag. I dont have the money right now to but a new computer or barebone kit. And what is your computer sepcs markus1012 if you think mine sucks so bad

Comment

Lets not get into an arugment over whose computer sucks. Mr.Fraser, yours does, face it. But I would suggest to fix your problem, just uninstall and re-install EVERYTHING. Also I would defrag. It might take some time doing this, but theres no harm to be had.

Comment

It has to be your graphics card, have you tried the game on someone else's computer using the same information that you used when you first installed it. Because I can guarantee that it is not BF2 that is your problem, it is the way that your computer is set up.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffRowley
                          Lets not get into an arugment over whose computer sucks. Mr.Fraser, yours does, face it. But I would suggest to fix your problem, just uninstall and re-install EVERYTHING. Also I would defrag. It might take some time doing this, but theres no harm to be had.
                          I do a defrag every other day. But hopfully tonight im going to just reformat. I know my PC sucks, but it use to run BF2 fine, and it wont play now.

Comment

Working...
                          X