DoD:Source hardware directx v8.1 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoD:Source hardware directx v8.1 ???

Yet another problem, traded in Elders scrolls IV for day of defeat source and quake 4, quake four runs like a dream but day of defeat source is being a bitch... it says my hardware level is directx 8.1 so it wont let me enable hdr and stuff..... in half life 2 and counter strike source it says its 9.0 and lets me enable hdr.... maybe the havok engine ???? .... anyone ****....

yes i've got all up to date drivers please help ....

greetz,

R

Re: DoD:Source hardware directx v8.1 ???

The x850 is a DX9 card with PS2.0b support. It should be able to support Valve's HDR, go into the video option and force DX9.

But honestly source is a dog and it runs like crap on most hardware. Also the game is multiplayer only and HDR makes it difficult to play online and is a serious disadvantage, you wont want to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by twsmit
      The x850 is a DX9 card with PS2.0b support. It should be able to support Valve's HDR, go into the video option and force DX9.

But honestly source is a dog and it runs like crap on most hardware. Also the game is multiplayer only and HDR makes it difficult to play online and is a serious disadvantage, you wont want to run it.
      source runs very good on my machine thats not the problem, it says software is running on directx 9.0 and there's another square witch should say hardware directx 9.0 but it says directx 8.1 :S and i cant change it

Comment

re-update direct x9 from the website.

go into DOD source settings, make the dx setting as high as possible. then try putting on hdr and all that and hitting apply. try turning off AA, and then trying hdr maybe.

if that doesnt work, uninstall DODs, and reinstall it.

o, and umm try not posting hardware problems about OTHER games in the bf2 support section ^_^

also steampowered.com has a gigantic support/faq section.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut

go into DOD source settings, make the dx setting as high as possible. then try putting on hdr and all that and hitting apply. try turning off AA, and then trying hdr maybe.

o, and umm try not posting hardware problems about OTHER games in the bf2 support section ^_^
          this is an example of poor steam game advice because valve made games do not conform to the industry standard troubleshooting methods

first validate your files
          steam://validate/320

then try forcing dx9

enter '-dxlevel 90' instead
          any other problems and you should try a hl2 forum like halflife2.net or another

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut

also steampowered.com has a gigantic support/faq section.
            yeah i no but it really, really sucks and i never find my problem on there... i always search every forum before i come here trust me, my friends really hate me by now they're like : well go to freaking totalbf2.com

anyways i just love you guys not in gay way tbh ^^

Originally posted by $kelet0r
            this is an example of poor steam game advice because valve made games do not conform to the industry standard troubleshooting methods

first validate your files
            steam://validate/320

then try forcing dx9

enter '-dxlevel 90' instead
            any other problems and you should try a hl2 forum like halflife2.net or another
            key i'll try that thnx alot i had tried that but i put -directx 90 :P that didnt work

Comment

Working...
            X