For 7800Gtx Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For 7800Gtx Owners

just a quick question, is it normal for the card to run hot when just on and really really hot when playing a game like fear, bf2 etc....

Re: For 7800Gtx Owners

Mine's allways cold. And my case never gets even slightly heated.

Air cooled 120mm fan front and back, standard GPU cooler, AMD64 CPU with standard cooler with no overclocks.

Comment

42-44c (desktop) 68-70c running DX-9.0 games. 60c running older games (like Nascar 2003.

Comment

Moved to Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Orrick.CF
          just a quick question, is it normal for the card to run hot when just on and really really hot when playing a game like fear, bf2 etc....
          Are you overclocking your card?

Comment

what is hot ? what are your temps ?

Comment

Sounds like airflow probs. More fans...intake and exhaust. My oc'ed 6800 gt oc keeps my feet warm in cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by scott111
                42-44c (desktop) 68-70c running DX-9.0 games. 60c running older games (like Nascar 2003.

**** do normal gtx run that high

my gt is overclocked close to gtx and it never goes above mid 50s

Comment

Download Motherboard Manager. It shows you the temp of your CPU, Case and any other temperature sensors you have. It's very useful. It shows in your taskbar the current temp of the sensors as tiny icons that update every second (or whatever interval you want). Since the video card is close to the CPU, it can sometimes increase the temperature of the CPU, also the overall temperature of the case increases too.

Comment

please just post your temps here man, you ask something, but you don't post further info

Comment

my card stays at 50-60 degrees but XFX's cooling is great, best around i think!

Comment

i have dual 7800 gtx's and the one close to my X-Fi Xtreme Music card gets up to the most 50c and the other >45c

Comment

Working...
                        X