• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6800 Gs Agp

Hi at the moment i have the following!

Abit IC7 Max 3 motherboard
    Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
    1 Gig Hyper X ram (Dual Channel 3200 2x512 Stix)
    MSI 5950 Ultra 256mb Gfx
    Audigy 2
    2x Maxtor 200 gig Sata Hdd's
    Sony DVD/RW
    Pioneer DVD/R
    Standard Cooling on Chip
    Thermaltake Case

OK my main question is:-

I have this setup which b4 this game was unstoppable; it ran every game full graphics untill this one, now this one i run game at 1024x768 & all my graphics settings are either on Low or Off!!!

So if was to go out & buy this new 6800 GS agp! & a extra gig of the same hyper x ram what do you predict my settings in graphcs would then be?
    Do you think i would finally get to see what High settings look like or will this be a wasted purchase as it still agp?

So anybody with one on these cards? any experiance?
    Thx people!

Re: 6800 Gs Agp

We have a very similar setup- I suggest if your not going to change mobo's anytime soon, get either top of the line 6800 or same 850. AGP is getting harder and harder to find, so don't wait to long.

Comment

Originally posted by DV8 Bucket
      We have a very similar setup- I suggest if your not going to change mobo's anytime soon, get either top of the line 6800 or same 850. AGP is getting harder and harder to find, so don't wait to long.
      So how high do you run your graphics & sometime can you supply screenshot as your comp closest to mine thx

Comment

link me where you got this 6800GS AGP...last i heard its just rumor for now...

Comment

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

This is a UK link for the card

"This new 6800 GS model outperforms the 6800 GT and cost less too!"

"Performance is further boosted in this XT version as the clock speeds have been increased from the default 350MHz core and 1000MHz memory upto 400MHz core and 1100MHz"

Comment

Originally posted by MaKilla
            So how high do you run your graphics & sometime can you supply screenshot as your comp closest to mine thx
            I run all high at 1280x1024 and 4x AA. My fps are 70+ and in heavy action around 40+ minimum......

Comment

the 6800GS rocks, i dont know about AGP, but I have the PCIe version and its awesome. It plays bf2 at High great along with all of the other new games on the market. I read somewhere though that you need special drivers to get the best out of it.

Comment

Cool, they have it for AGP, but only in limited quantities. ANyways, the 6800GS is a great card, equal or better than my card, and 100 bucks cheaper lol.

Comment

Makilla, definitely consider preordering one of these...

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

As for settings, you should manage all high at 1280x1024 2xAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
                    Makilla, definitely consider preordering one of these...

As for settings, you should manage all high at 1280x1024 2xAA.
                    Thankyou i probably besure to do that, i just debating between that & a X850

Comment

If I can find one in the US...I would soo sell this 6600GT and grab one of these!

Comment

The 6800 GS is a good card for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by MaKilla
                          Thankyou i probably besure to do that, i just debating between that & a X850
                          Depends how much you want to spend. The X850XT is approx £30 more more than the 6800GS with no startling performance increase, and the X850XT PE £80 extra.

Comment

im gonna get this card 2 its supposed to come out in 2 weeks for €279 so i think im gonna get this

Comment

Working...
                            X