Anyone run on 9600XT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone run on 9600XT?

Im upgrading my old geforce ti4200 card just to play bf2, but Im not spending much. Ive got an althon xp 2400+, 896mb so that part should be okay.

Im thinking of getting a radeon 9600XT 256mb and I just want to play bf2 on 1024x768, medium quality, with no shadows. Does anyone use this card okay?

Re: Anyone run on 9600XT?

I know people have run this game with a 9600, but no way would it be medium. You'd run the game on low I believe.

Comment

i have a Gecube 9600XT athlon XP2000+ 1gb ddr333 i run the game perfectly on medium, it looks great and runs great. with shadows

before u say "no way it would run on medium", TRY ONE!! i love it when ppl talk about stuff so sure even not knowing anything about the subject...

Comment

Originally posted by Biff Exploder
        i have a Gecube 9600XT athlon XP2000+ 1gb ddr333 i run the game perfectly on medium, it looks great and runs great.

before u say "no way it would run on medium", TRY ONE!! i love it when ppl talk about stuff so sure even not knowing anything about the subject...
        2 people on my previous squad had 9600's and they had to run on low because on medium they got screen lag.

Comment

I have no idea why the first reply in all in all these 9600* threads is always "it will only run on low." I've got a 9600 AIW Pro (clocked slightly higher than the standard 9600 Pro) and I run with dynamic lighting and shadows low, geometry high, texture filtering high, 4xAA at 800x600 75hz and get about 35-40fps.

A 9600XT, even at stock speeds, is much faster than a Pro card. You should be able to run those same settings and then some. You might get about 3-5fps extra on yours with those settings, though.

PCI latency is a speed killer for the 9600, though. I got much worse frame rates on much lower settings until I pushed it down.

Comment

Originally posted by almanac
            2 people on my previous squad had 9600's and they had to run on low because on medium they got screen lag.
            knowing how to maintain, configure and keep a computer clean and having years of experience on computers might help getting the maximum out of a component without decreasing the quality for performance.

if its a 9600SE or maybe pro is probably normal they cant run it on medium, u forget the 9600XT has greater performance.

i also had a friend with a 9600XT that could not run the game on medium, well he had all kinds of garbage around his computer like spyware and viruses, plus his computer was not getting max performance, motherboard drivers not updated, IDE cables were ATA 66 instead of ATA 133, agp apparture size 64MB, and the ati control panel had AA and AF at values the card could not handle, amongst alot of other things.

when i took care of his pc it was running at high.... (processor was a 2800+ barton with 2gbRAM ddr400)

Comment

I guess it just depends, must work on med for some and not for others

I have been looking again and maybe considering getting a geforce 6600 but not a GT version, but on the EA faq it says only PCI-e versions work, so thats a bit weird.

Comment

i run a 9600XT 256MB, all setting medium with textures high. no choppiness at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Neat_Hedgehog
                  I have no idea why the first reply in all in all these 9600* threads is always "it will only run on low." I've got a 9600 AIW Pro (clocked slightly higher than the standard 9600 Pro) and I run with dynamic lighting and shadows low, geometry high, texture filtering high, 4xAA at 800x600 75hz and get about 35-40fps.
                  I think the small resolutions you use make it so you can play at those higher graphical settings.
                  Don't most people play at 1024 x 768 or above nowadays?
                  Myself, I got a pretty nice rig (7800gtx and some other stuff I cbf writing) at 1600 x 1200 @ 85hz and my graphic's setup at high.

Comment

9600 will be fine

Comment

hmm the only problem is on EA faq it says geforece 6600 (pci-e) and Ill be getting the AGP. Lets hope it works okay

Comment

Originally posted by alwo
                        I think the small resolutions you use make it so you can play at those higher graphical settings.
                        Myself, I got a pretty nice rig (7800gtx and some other stuff I cbf writing) at 1600 x 1200 @ 85hz and my graphic's setup at high.
                        some people dont give too much attention to resolutions (like me :P) in my case its because i'm used to low resolutions since i still playgames like quake 1 at resolutions of 320 (not that i cant more its just to remember the old days) and i've allways gave more attention to graphics quality than the resolutions.

i have only a 17" screen its not very big and some little squares wont do any harm anyway

Comment

hmm I could also get a x700, which is meant to be better than the 6600, only slightly though, even at doom 3

Comment

Originally posted by alwo
                            I could play it on 1024x768, but I wouldn't have my 4xAA, more like 2xAA, and having low AA on 1024x768 looks worse. Not to mention the text starts to get small at that res.

And, believe it or not, I have the PCI latency to thank for speed rather than a lower res. I couldn't handle any AA or any high settings even at 800x600 60hz unless I liked to play with 30fps, which more often than not went down to 20fps. Didn't change anything else. Had already done my spyware and virus scans, defragged, everything.

Comment

actually i ran the game on a 9600xt with everything on high except textures i think those were on medium and the game ran fine but i did have 1.5 gigs of ram at the time

Comment

Working...
                              X