*All the tweaks and changes included in XG WarCats 5.11 PRO, plus:

-Stable and high framerates
    -High performance improvement in 3D applications
    -High performance improvement in OGL applications
    -High image quality tweaks that reduce the loss of performance
    -Many texture tweaks for better image quality and performance
    -Some bugs encountered in 5.11 PRO, have been fixed
    -Blazin' performance, especially in games with intense graphics
    -Until the next driver comes out, this one should provide you with the best gaming experience
    -Adaptive Anti-Aliasing support.
    *This technology is supported by the Radeon 9xx0 series and higher*

THIS TECHNOLOGY IS AVAILABLE ONLY IN CATALYST CONTROL CENTER .

** i have tried these and they have a a nice performance improved over the Catalyst and Omega Drivers.

Re: ATI Users: XG Warcats 5.11XT Video Drivers

Any FPS increase?

I use Omega (5.10) for my X800XL.

Comment

I'm going to try these out
      I have been getting pretty laggy gameplay on some sf maps.

Comment

Yea...these are some good drivers. I reccomend them.

Comment

I have a hard time buying that some unaffiliated third party can make better drivers than the people who engineered the card (not that those drivers are great either). Omega, WarCat drivers - aren't you just asking for trouble? I mean, who Are these people?

Comment

I have read about 3rd party drivers quite a while ago. You can even find some old articles from very trustworthy review sites. Many times the manufacturer will put out a driver that just does not utilize the cards full potential. This way they can make more money off a newly released card a few months down the road.

Omega uses the manufacturers drivers and then streamlines them. Turns some things off and better utlizizes other aspects of the cards. You cannot simply say "who are these guys?" and not do any reading on your own before making a post on about them on a gaming forum. Most everyone in my clan and other gamers I know use 3rd party drivers after the ATI drivers and see a big difference in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by <AWOL>Manoe
              I have read about 3rd party drivers quite a while ago. You can even find some old articles from very trustworthy review sites. Many times the manufacturer will put out a driver that just does not utilize the cards full potential. This way they can make more money off a newly released card a few months down the road.

Omega uses the manufacturers drivers and then streamlines them. Turns some things off and better utlizizes other aspects of the cards. You cannot simply say "who are these guys?" and not do any reading on your own before making a post on about them on a gaming forum. Most everyone in my clan and other gamers I know use 3rd party drivers after the ATI drivers and see a big difference in performance.
              I know what they are, my point is who are these people writing the drivers? Why should I believe that they are smarter than the ATI engineers? You say they shut off certain things to make the card run faster - why didn't the ATI people turn them off? I'm skeptical partly because of the security risks involved with uncertified drivers. Omega I've heard about for years but WarCat?

Comment

cant wait to try,em...:P

Comment

Just try them...and you will see. I get a 10 fps jump with theses drivers over "official" Cat drivers.

Comment

downloading them right now, ill be quite happy if they even provide a 5fps jump.

Comment

Well I just installed the new Cat ones, if I see no improvement Ill give them a go

Comment

Nope....not me.
                        Hade error with cat control center.
                        NVG crashed me back to desktop.
                        crane and all ground flickering in game.
                        wierd light flickering on the plane in nightflight map.

Reinstalled official 5.11...everything back to norm.

probably just needs a little more tweaking...

ATI X850xt 256...AGP
                        Core.570 Mem.570

Comment

I'm running a 9800pro 128mb.... no probs

Comment

Originally posted by wartorn
                            I have a hard time buying that some unaffiliated third party can make better drivers than the people who engineered the card (not that those drivers are great either). Omega, WarCat drivers - aren't you just asking for trouble? I mean, who Are these people?
                            I may be wrong but like most things the guys at ATi are probably looking to achieve a broad spectrum of acceptable graphics, and frame rates for a large selection of cards and applications. There has to be room for tweaking, and improvement.
                            Omega has been around forever.

Comment

The general theory behind it is the official drivers are tweeked to achieve high benchmark scores, 3Dmark etc. While 3rd party drivers are tweeked for performance.

Yea Omega has been around for years. I first used them because on my old crappy laptop it was the ONLY way to update my drivers since ATI left it up to the company to release drivers and not one was released.

Comment

Working...
                              X