laptop or desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop or desktop?

I know it sounds bland but I want to know if u prefer the mobility and performance of a laptop or the performance of a regular desktop?
    Post which u perfer and why?

thanks

Re: laptop or desktop?

Desktop. To get a good performing notebook you have to spend a fortune.

Comment

I'm with Jimmy. I have a basic laptop for school and that is it. Everything else is on my desktop.

Comment

Yep, performance of desktop beast the mobility of a laptop. I mean laptops are great, but they just cant stand up to a desktop.

Comment

Desktop.

Comment

how about the new mxm hardware that allows u to upgrade the vid card on a laptop sounds pretty cool. And I was just wondering would a go6800 play bf2 on high and ultra?

Comment

If you want performance on the go. consider a sager laptop. it is available w/ the nvidia go7800GTX! and will be half the price if you'd go w/ dell's xps (which also has the available 7800GTX). check it out... http://www.pctorque.com/sager-5720-gaming-computers.php

Comment

not too bad but that a load of money i was planning on spending 1400 hundred on a 7800GTX and a dual core 3800+ setup

Comment

if i had the money i would get a gaming laptop.....

Comment

desktops are easier to change parts, w/ laptops, u can hardly change stuff

Comment

Desktop. Like everyone else says, it costs a ton to get a good laptop. It's also easier to upgrade a desktop, and you can put expansion cards in it. You can put the monitor anywhere you want (you could always buy an extra for your laptop, though, I guess), and it's soooooo much easier to clear the CMOS.

Comment

Working...
                      X