Need to blow some loot tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to blow some loot tomorrow...

Ok, I am going to pick up either a GeForce 7800 GT OC or Radeon X1800 XL Video Card tomorrow.

Any thoughts on which is better?

Also, anyone interested in my BFG 6600GT-OC (128mb) before I drop it on Ebay??

Re: Need to blow some loot tomorrow...

buy the 7800gt. ive seen the as cheap as 330. the x1800 may play bf2 better but youll regret it donw the road with more opengl games coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by pancakes
      buy the 7800gt. ive seen the as cheap as 330. the x1800 may play bf2 better but youll regret it donw the road with more opengl games coming out.
      Since when is OpenGL coming to terms? DX9 and eventually DX10 games will still probably make up a huge portion of the games out there.

X1800XL is my vote. Its the better card.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
        Since when is OpenGL coming to terms? DX9 and eventually DX10 games will still probably make up a huge portion of the games out there.

X1800XL is my vote. Its the better card.
        I thought that this current generation of cards (7800 series, 1800 series) won't be able to support DX10?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
          I thought that this current generation of cards (7800 series, 1800 series) won't be able to support DX10?
          they do , ATI claimed for a moment that the 7800 series didn't , but after some tests of third party it seemd that they did.

both cards are good, since the new ATI driver with better memory controling the 1800 is as good as the 7800 , just pick the one who looks the best, realy, one card will be better in one game and the other card will be better in the other game.

And about open GL , well, here is a funny story ,
          Nvidea always said for not to folow the windows guys and go open GL, ATI said the oposit .
          Now recently ATI said they are going to focus on open GL and not on the direct x 10 (windows guys) and Nvidea said they are going to focus more on the direct X 10 instead of the open GL . lol

Comment

Working...
          X