Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motherboard, Processor and Graphics Card

Hello

I want the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX, but firstly I have to upgrade my motherboard and processor because else it won't fit.

My relevant specifikations:

Intel Pentium4 3.4 Socket 478
    Asus Intel 865PE Chipset
    Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra

So, if I want the 7800 I need an PCI-E motherboard, therefore I also need a new processor to fit with the sockets.

I think I'll get the Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe and the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

The question is: I have to buy everything at once (MOBO, CPU and GPU) right?

Re: New Motherboard, Processor and Graphics Card

Originally posted by Jackass
    Hello

I want the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX, but firstly I have to upgrade my motherboard and processor because else it won't fit.

My relevant specifikations:

Intel Pentium4 3.4 Socket 478
    Asus Intel 865PE Chipset
    Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra

So, if I want the 7800 I need an PCI-E motherboard, therefore I also need a new processor to fit with the sockets.

I think I'll get the Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe and the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

The question is: I have to buy everything at once (MOBO, CPU and GPU) right?
    If you switch to SLI only then you have to buy the GPU and Mobo. If you want to switch over to AMD (which is a wise decesion for gaming) then you have to buy all 3. Otherwise you just have parts that do nothing for you until you get the rest. Also I suggest not getting an X2 just yet. For the price of a X2 4400+ you might want to go for a 3800+ that outperforms the dual core

Comment

I'd have to agree with cshot. Go with all 3 and go with AMD, but don't bother with the X2. I'd recommend either a 3800 or 4000+ and you'll have better results. The Asus mobo is a good choice.

Comment

Well the thing is, there isn't any PCI-E motherboards that supports Socket 478 for CPUs. So I HAVE to buy a new one aswell. Thanks for the tip on the 3800+ I'll look into it.

Comment

i would recomend the 4000+ 64 (san diego core)from AMD , will perform a lot better in games then the dual core CPu's.

The 4000+ is actualy the exact same CPU as the FX-53 , with the only diference it has a locked multiplier .
          Why the san diego core , wel because it has a better memory controler, so it can handle 4 strips of RAM better then the older cores for example, and it's power consumption (heat) is less.

Why the DELUXE motherboard ? ask yourself if the A8N-SLI isn't good enough for you.
          Are you going to install more then 4 SATA discs ?? tons of features on the deluxe version and nowbody uses them, the A8N-SLI has also a lot of features, if super fast and cheaper.

and you have to buy everything in one time for getting it work, you need a socket 939 for that AMD CPU , and you need a mobo with a PCI-e slot for that vid card.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
            i would recomend the 4000+ 64 (san diego core)from AMD , will perform a lot better in games then the dual core CPu's.

The 4000+ is actualy the exact same CPU as the FX-53 , with the only diference it has a locked multiplier .
            Why the san diego core , wel because it has a better memory controler, so it can handle 4 strips of RAM better then the older cores for example, and it's power consumption (heat) is less.

Why the DELUXE motherboard ? ask yourself if the A8N-SLI isn't good enough for you.
            Are you going to install more then 4 SATA discs ?? tons of features on the deluxe version and nowbody uses them, the A8N-SLI has also a lot of features, if super fast and cheaper.

and you have to buy everything in one time for getting it work, you need a socket 939 for that AMD CPU , and you need a mobo with a PCI-e slot for that vid card.
            Jup, thanks for your answers. I don't want my account to be totally empty, so I'll just wait a couple of months. Pay day on its way. :P

Comment

You want to sell me your CPU?

Comment

Originally posted by AviationOrdnance
                You want to sell me your CPU?
                Well, I would if you lived in Denmark.

Comment

Working...
                X