My mic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mic...

...no longer works outside of the game either. i installed the game, got on ventrilo with some friends, worked perfectly as my friends read of an ip address for me, then when i actually connected, my mic just stopped working entirely.

this isnt the first time this happened. i had to uninstall the game AND THEN reinstall my audio drivers to get my mic to work again.

im more or less convinced that im going to have to stop playing this game because im in leagues for other games which require ventrilo and im not going to go through the effort to make my mic work over and over.

just wondering if there is a quick fix, if other people have had this problem, etc. even if its not a quick fix im still all ears. thx in advance

Re: My mic...

yeah so i learned how to reinstall my drivers after i play. its easier than i expected but it still means that i cant use my mic during play. it gets annoying typing messages through xfire to people while they speak to me on the mic.

i have an ASUS A7V8X-X with onboard soundcard.

someone plz help me fix it

Comment

Have you tried turning of onboard audio and using a dedicated soundcard? Something I would suggest doing anyway.

Comment

im perfectly happy with the sounds im gettin for now and i dont think i should have to buy a card just to use my mic :S

Comment

bump ^^

plz help

Comment

holy crap. does anyone have any suggestions? i would REALLY appriciate it.

Comment

Hello I Am Going To Spam This Til Someone Helps Thx

Comment

Spend $20 on a cheap sound card. Less system lag anyways.
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829130001
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829120103
                It cant get any cheaper.

Comment

Are you sure it is not an issue with the mic itself? Did you try another mic? Look in the device manager for device conflicts related to your audio hardware/software.

Comment

Working...
                  X