Need advice on buying new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice on buying new computer

AMD > Intel for gaming by a mile, read up on some benchies etc and good luck wit your computer,if only i lived in america so i could buy cheap computer parts, although over here in aus my friends dad owns a comp shop so im not complaining, go in there every once in a while and get some freebies, once got a 74gb raptor from him :P

Comment

although over here in aus my friends dad owns a comp shop so im not complaining, go in there every once in a while and get some freebies, once got a 74gb raptor from him.
      Lucky you, im stuck aith shopping around to get the cheapest prices, and their expensive compared to US prices..

And yes, AMD are better at gaming than Intel, Intel is better for office useage.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten
        Probably just find a computer shop to put it all together like you say too since I dont want to mess anything up. How much do you think they would charge? cant be more than a days work I think. Shouldnt cost that much probably. Well anyway thanks again for looking at this, I was almost going to just buy a pre-built machine
        Hey, I'm glad I stopped you from throwing your cash out the window!

Dig out your Yellow pages and start calling computer shops in your area, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to assemble it for $50-150. Either way you're still below your Alienware budget.

As for the keyboard, it's a "normal" keyboard, however you can take off all the keys (the keyset) and replace it with a BF2 keyset for whenever you're gonna play. It only takes a few seconds to swap keysets, and they're releasing new keysets for new games.
        Either way, I just suggested a gaming keyboard to go with your gaming PC.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X