Cheapest graphics card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest graphics card...

What's the cheapest graphics card that will play BF2?

Re: Cheapest graphics card...

ATI Radeon 9600XT. That is what I have and it barely runs bf2.

Comment

ATI 6600 and the Gefore 5700 I think are the cheapest that'll run BF2

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
        ATI 6600 and the Gefore 5700 I think are the cheapest that'll run BF2

I think you mean ati 9600. the 6600 is an nvidia card

Comment

Nvidia 5500 (256) only £45 and it plays bf2.

Im gonna get my greasey hands on a 6600 256mb soon.

Comment

i got my fx 5200 for free but thats cuz i knew the person who was selling ...but i suggest u should go for a 6600 gt or something like that...bf2 needs a powerful video card but under my system specs and a lot of optmizing i can run bf2 okay at medium textures and medium effects and about 80% visiblity but i keep it that high since im a sniper but if ur looking on the low end...73% is enuff

Comment

Also understand that strong 3d grapic games also require a strong CPU. If you're running 2Ghz or slower (AMD 2200+ or slower), even the strongest card will not be running at it's full fps. The video card doesn't run the entire game.

I built another computer that has a 2200+ Athlon in it, along with the 9600XT. It sings right along with Medium settings in the game.

Comment

I run a 6600GT 128mb and it is fine on all medium settings. Only cost $150 too.

Comment

Sapphier 9600 from newegg.com for 0.75k (or 75 bucks)

Click here for more info:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102320

Comment

With computers, you really do get what you pay for. A great graphics card isn't going to help much if you skimp on your CPU or memory. If you have a decent CPU and ram, a card in the 200-300 range would play BF2 very well. A 6600GT 256MB card is the lowest I'd go for a new card for BF2.

Some Graphics Cards Here

Comment

Bfg 7800 Gtx Oc!

Comment

it is possible to play with a 9200 SE (AGP only) but you have to tweak the settings a little. I wouldn't recomment it, because it looks like crap and can stutter sometimes. I agree that a 6600 GT would be good.

Comment

The nvidia 5200 runs the game medium/low graphics, well atleast it did when i was running it. I ran it

nvidia 5200
                          1 gig
                          2.8 ghz

100% seeing distance, medium textures, medoum effects, rest low, 800x600 anti aliacing x2 or 4 i think.

I use the 5700 now with 512 ram, (it's on my own pc) and it runs just about the same except with 1024x786.

Hopefully i can upgrade to a gig or more ram soon.

Comment

I'd say your best bet is anything in 9600 Pro Radeon lineup or equivalent. Except the 9600 standard. Make sure it's a 9600 Pro or better. Very cheap, surprisingly powerful for their age (if you OC, you'll really be in for a surprise), and I get about 45fps with it on more than acceptable settings (for me anyway).

Comment

Well technically looking at the back of the BF2 box....
                              Geforce 5700 (le version??)
                              Radeon 8500

Either or as long as they have 128mb. But it will suck sour monkey eggs. No I mean it. Big time.

Think about it first tho. You buy the cheapest and dirtiest card to run Bf2, then another game will come along in a couple of months and you'll be asking this question again.

Sometimes its just best to get your hands in your pockets for the bigger pennies.

Comment

Working...
                              X