Graphics cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics cards

i know that ive seen this thread before but i couldnt find it. Im getting a new pc in a week so i have to choose a video card i have 2 choices
    an ATI Radion X800Xl or watever it is or a nVIDIA 6800GT. I had my mind set on the nvidia one but then i read something and got confused and dont know which one is better? ! !
    I was wondering if you guys could post a couple pics so i can see which one is better? thx in advance

Re: Graphics cards

there really needs to be a sticky because this question gets asked alot

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
        i would get the 7800GTX its insane in those benchmarks

Comment

Thread moved to Hardware forum.

Comment

I would definately say the 6800 is a bit better, but also a bit more exspensive. They are both great cards, so which ever one you decide to get, i'm sure you'll be satisfied. If you've got the money I would say screw both of them and get a 7800gtx. But if I had to chose between the x800xl and 6800, I would get the 6800.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
              Yeah, on the mid range and high range tests, you'll see ATI generally is higher when you put AA on, and nVIdia is better without AA. And also ATi can go to 6xAA, nVIdia can only go to 4xAA, but i guess they compensate for this with sm3.0.

Comment

hmm, AA wise nvidia can go to 8x, all you have to do is go into advanced setting under "screen resolution" to access the Anti-aliasing. Default is set to "application controlled." Also Antistrophic filtering can be maually adjusted, as seen as "texture distance" in game- this now can be set all the way up to 16x if you have one of the latest drivers and set it to application controlled. I do not know about ATi. Also here is one my screenshots of the "vanila" 6800. I would post more but they take a while to load since they are in .png format (better detail)

Comment

Ok thanks but does anyone have pictures of the X800Xl?
                  Im pretty sure that im getting the 6800GT but i just want to be certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Gooch
                    I would definately say the 6800 is a bit better, but also a bit more exspensive. They are both great cards, so which ever one you decide to get, i'm sure you'll be satisfied. If you've got the money I would say screw both of them and get a 7800gtx. But if I had to chose between the x800xl and 6800, I would get the 6800.

Totally agreed!

Comment

Working...
                    X