Question of ramm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of ramm..

Ok i now have 2 512sticks of ram in my comp- my mobo has a total of four slots- now if i buy 2 1gb sticks and throw em in, do you all think i will be able to run 2 1gb+Plus 2x512sticks?

My mobo is a Asus p5gd1.

Re: Question of ramm..

You should be ok to run them but check your motherboard user guide to see if it will default back to 333Mhz or maintain its 400Mhz speeds.

Comment

Get a good set of 1G sticks and sell the 2x512.

Corsair XMS, OCZ Plat, Geil Plat, Patriot Performance 2-3-2-5 all good.

I can't say enough about 2G 2-3-2-5 at 200MHz, FANTASTICS WOW WOW WOW.

Comment

Well the thing is i have 2 computers-

one is a 3.2ghz
        6800gt 256mb
        1 gb, (2x512)
        abit is7-e mobo
        the other is a 3.2ghz
        6600 256mb
        1 gig (2x512)
        asus p5gd1 mobo.

and i was going to get a good set of 2 gigs and put it one of the comps, take the other 2 512 sticks and add them to my other computer...

do most mobos allow 4x512 sticks?

Comment

I checked and both of the boards you listed support the population of all four DIMMs.

Comment

awesome, thanks man. now just for information what exactly is a DIMM- and if i read this right, both mobos will support 4 512 sticks?

Samus since u seem to know alot about computers, can You find me a good set of ram (2x1gig) sticks.. on newegg? try under 250$ if it is higher thats ok 2.

Comment

Sorry. The way I'm using the term, DIMM = the slots the RAM fits into on the motherboard. DIMM actually stands for Dual In-line Memory Module.

To the question of populating all four DIMMs: According to the user guides they both support installing double sided modules in all four slots which in essense means yes, you can put four 512MB sticks in either of those boards.

Comment

Thread moved.

Comment

Working...
                X