• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Buy?

I'm thinking about getting a new computer with these specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 3400+
    200 GB HD
    2 GB DDR SDRAM PC3200
    Comes with ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (Upgrading to Radeon X700 256mb RAM)
    Windows XP Media Center 2005
    Wondering how good this will be with bf2.

Re: Should I Buy?

I dont think the Windows Media player edition OS would be the best idea unless you are buying it for that purpose however this is relevant. I think the biggest issue would be the graphics card which is uncomparable to the high end cards like the 6800 Ultra and the X800 series (even if you replace it with a x700) However, the processors and the other parts of the computer are good.

Comment

I had exactly the same PC as you...until I modded the hell outta it. And I could run BF2 in Medium / low with that x200, Its integrated crap to be honest. With the x700 youd do alot better. Im getting an x850 in a week or so (If youve got the money get an x850 )

Comment

Ok thanks. I think I might just keep the x200 for a little while and save up some money for an x850xl. Media edition is'nt my choice I'd rather have home but thats what the computer comes with.

Comment

Thread moved to Hardware forum.

Comment

Looks like a Dell or HP, prebuilt crap. It's not that hard to build your own at a decent price. Even if it is a little more you make up for it with quality parts, instead of the cheapest possible parts they toss in those.

If you get it, look into everything and make sure it's fully and easily upgradable, incase you want to replace or add parts down the road. I'm almost done rebuilding our computer now, it was a compaq/hp. For every part you wanted or needed to replace, there was another part you had to replace first, it was like an ongoing chain which basicly led me into deciding to rebuild it almost entirely. Make sure that doesn't happen to you.

Comment

Working...
            X