SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 headset USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 headset USB

Using the SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 headset USB in Battlefield 2 - mic won't working. Surprisingly, it does work pretty nicely to record any sound in SoundForge or sndrec32, however not and never in BF2 game. In the setup/audio, there is possible to test the mic and setup it's treshold, so it does not pickup unwanted computer noise and so on - and there the mic ALSO works correctly. (or works at least) But no matter how much I press the keyboard shortcut key to team speak in BF2, it does not and never speak (of course I have enabled the VoIP in prefs, and Im in squad... etc) Now even I think that this is NOT a Speed-link related issue (probably not, as long as mic works fine anywhere else, it should not be a issue in the game, right?), I would very much like to ask if anyone tested the mic with the specific software version (DL from web, after installing for the first time from CD) I use with Battlefield 1.00 ... Did anyone? I was pretty interesed to know...

PS. in manual (yup, someone actually read it is the recommended settings and they do recommend setting subwoofer to +21dB, rear left/right to +18dB, center to +13dB and left and right to +10dB. Yet the control panel settings only +- 10bB and not to +21dB for the subwoofer, for example...? Where is the problem? The control pannel show allow more, so it is a bug? Or the manual is outdated and new recommended settings are published somewhere? Please, let me know, thanks!

Re: SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 headset USB

Wir bieten: Soundsysteme, Headsets, Mäuse, Mauspads, Tastaturen, Gamepads und Gaming Chairs sowie verschiedene IT-Zubehörteile, für Office oder Gaming.

I should say that they are working well for me in everything - EXCEPT Battlefield 2, for witch I bought them...

Now you sure must see how big my depression is, over this... Skype works just neat and great, recording works well too in SoundForge, sndrec32 or even the test in BF2 as well (!!!), but not a thing in the damn game... :evil:

And witchever program I set to se the C-Media USB Sound Device for output, it works just well. Now what I could be doing wrong, when I press and hold the key, but just did not hear a thing what I say - and no-one else did, not even the little repro thing was shown, as indication that I speaking... :cry:

Comment

Do you have the usb headset setup as your preferred device on the Sounds and Multimedia properties? If not go check for it in your control pannel and set it, and see if that helps any.

Comment

Yep, of course I have he C-Media USA Sound Device set at preffered audio output device in windows... But Im a bit affraid that the Audigy2zs find it's way to somehow... get there?
        As long, as output AND test working, im clueless...

Comment

hey it has NOTHING to do with you. Its the serverside, like gamecenter's servers VOIP does not work for me while on a lot of other server it does. Im betting others cannot hear you, so simply go to other servers and try. Im very sure that is whats going on

Comment

Working...
          X