Clear All

• Graphics Card under $250/ AGP?????

Here is my setup right now:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+processor
    1.5GB RAM PC3299 DDR SDRAM
    ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB AGP 8x
    nForce 3 250 Ultra Chipset
    200GB 7200RPM Serial ATA

What graphics card would you suggest that I get that is under $250?

Re: Graphics Card under $250/ AGP?????

XFX GF 6800 Vanilla http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150106

Flash the card, and you'll be able to use all 16 pipelines with close to no added heat.

Comment

6800 is your best bet right now. for that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by PunishedOne
        XFX GF 6800 Vanilla http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150106

Flash the card, and you'll be able to use all 16 pipelines with close to no added heat.
        Unlocking the pipelines is far from guaranteed.

Comment

Evga 6800 Newegg $200.00 unlock pipes and shaders plus very over overclockable.

Comment

spend an extra 25 bucks - xfx 6800GT 256mb's are only 273$

Comment

im new to all this computer gaming stuff....so i am uncertain on how to unlock all the pipes.....what is the best Graphics card that is stock???

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                Yeah, most people that CAN unlock pipes (you need to download advance programs, note, overclocking or flashing pipes or anything like that voids warranty, so if you kill your card by flashing/ocing, then it's not covered either) have lots of artifacts (little white dots that pop up). And you cannot, i repeat, not, oc a 6800vanilla to GT speeeds, GT has 300mhz more memory clock speed, even with the best overclocker in the world, i believe that to be impossible, if somebody could seriously overclock 300mhz clock speed, i would be awed at them. I feel lucky to have my overclock settings now. Anyways, nVidia made a somewhat limit to overclocking, they know that people will overclock, and TRY to flash pipes, so they make it insanely hard for them, you can't just buy a 6800vanilla and overclock and flash and expect to get a GT. Anyways, this is probably the best card for AGP under 250 bucks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161119
                It has insane cooling, so you can overclock better, plus, it outperforms 6800, X800vanilla, X800GT, etc. by quite a bit, plus it's got a nice cooler, and actually has 256mb vid card memory.

Comment

Originally posted by aznsensation18
                  im new to all this computer gaming stuff....so i am uncertain on how to unlock all the pipes.....what is the best Graphics card that is stock???
                  Da best under 250 is what i gave ya, and thats stock. Because overclocking and flashing don't always work, plus, nobody can overclock 300mhz for mem core.

Comment

Now I must convince my wife which one I should get.....so i guess i will be shopping once again...if yall have anymore ideas let me know...

Comment

Thread moved.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                        Right you are.
                        i can't unlock 16 pipes on my XFX 6800 vanilla worth crap without artifacts...

Comment

Working...
                        X