disappearing graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappearing graphics

Just installed BF2 and updated. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 128 card with a P4 2.4. I cannot get the game to run at any graphics resolution for more than 5 seconds without the video going to pieces. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: disappearing graphics

Overheat I had the same problem. Put a new fan on my 9800 pro and that fixed all my problems. If you can't get a new fan, open the side case and position a fan next to it when you play BF, but that tends to be alot noisier lol .

Comment

When I upgraded from Catalyst 5.3 to 5.8, I was having all kinds of funky problems, disappearing walls, invisible helo's... downgraded to 5.6 and now I going pretty good. I have a 9600 Pro.

Just another thing to consider.

DBP

Comment

I tried reinstalling and it ran a little smoother, after a minute the people disappear and everything gets very light colored. Fans and system temp seem to be ok.

Comment

I'm running an ATI Radeon 9800XT 256Mb and have had similar probs usually when inside a vehicle and on Kubra dam vehicles dissapear at medium range ... Card has an Arctic cooler and is not over-clocked ... will try downgrading to 5.6 .. Though I was seeing things (or not as the case may be) ... Thanks for the info

Comment

Rolling back drvers worked like a charm, thanks for the assist

Comment

I'm running an X800XL with original MSI drivers...don't remember the version. I have absolutely no graphic trouble, except on a rare occasion at a specific distance a vehicle will disappear. All I have to do is move slightly and it comes back. This may be an issue with the game though.

Comment

AIW 9800
                Using Omega 5.7 Driver nothing happend
                heard there was a bug should upgrade to 5.8 and after an hours worth of play i start loosing all textures and graphics

*sigh* smooth ATI.. really smooth

Comment

Omega 5.8 has been released now, try those drivers and see what happens.

Comment

Yes, there were problems with previous versions of the ATI Drivers. Make sure you install v5.8 properly (see the sticky at the top of this forum).

Comment

Working...
                    X