bottle neck 7800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottle neck 7800

I have a pentium 4 3.2ghz cpu, and I am wondering if it will bottleneck a 7800gtx. I am not sure if it is even worth it to get one, over my 6800gt. does any one know if i will be slowing it down?

Re: bottle neck 7800

Why get a 7800 when you have a 6800? That's absolutely unnecessary. If you're investing, better get two gigs of the same kind of RAM.

Comment

but i lagg!!! like when arty comes down, or like I swoop down in the cobra firing and I laggggggggggg!!!

Comment

switch the dell one into corsair

or, turn down your graphics..

Comment

I refuse to change my setting to low!!!, I would rather lagg. but no one has answered my first Q! will my cpu bottleneck a 7800gtx

Comment

Originally posted by Char-ley_Killa
            I refuse to change my setting to low!!!, I would rather lagg. but no one has answered my first Q! will my cpu bottleneck a 7800gtx
            No, probably not. If you're getting "lag" with your setup then something is definitely wrong with your config, and buying a new video card won't help at all.

Comment

No but that dell ram probably will.

Comment

well I am getting a new case and a new mobo so will that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Char-ley_Killa
                  well I am getting a new case and a new mobo so will that help?

Yes, a new case will reduce lag.

Comment

first of all you should not be getting any lag, i have a P4 3.0 and a 6800GT running everything on high 4XAA, and i dont get any lag. Now getting a 7800GT is not worth the money, a 6800GT is a great card and has plenty enough power to run this game on full. I do strongly suggest you change the 1gig of dell ram to corsair, because you should never have two different brands of ram, always stick with the same brand because sometimes they will conflict with each other and loose performance. But i mean if you want to get a 7800GT be my guest, i think its a waste of money cause you have a 6800gt, If you want to upgrade i suggest getting a new dual core cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                      Yes, a new case will reduce lag.
                      WTF? It will?

Comment

r u being sarcasstic, becuase i wasnt implying that the case would do it, the asus mobo would compared to the dell one!!!

Comment

Please don't confuse people with sarcastic comments when giving technical advice. It can lead to problems later down the line...

Comment

Originally posted by AviationOrdnance
                            WTF? It will?
                            Yes, new case adds +10fps....

Comment

thx, but the ram i have now is expensive, could it just be any corsair ram and it would be good. or would it have to be the corsair xms pro serius too?

Comment

Working...
                              X