Cleaning an LCD screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning an LCD screen

Hey, i recently had my little cousin come over for a visit to my place, he was watching TV in my room while i went to the bathroom,when i came back he had put his dirty little fingers all over my screen and made a penmark on the bottom right side of the screen. I was ****ed, and i dont know how to clean it(if i even can)i cant for some reason just wipe the penmark and the finger prints off, so is their some kind of special way of cleaning an LCD screen?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cleaning an LCD screen

Yes, first rule of all: DON'T EVER USE WINDEX ON YOUR LCD MONITOR!!!!!! Its a big big big no no. Anyhow, what you're going to want to do is buy a lint free cloth, and some eyeglass cleaner. If you've got anyone that wears prescription glasses, they oughtta have both. Apply the cleaner to the cloth and clean your monitor. I would suggest going from left to right then up to down. Or, if you've got prescription glasses wipes (they're mainly prepackaged and are moist) you can use those too. I hope this helps you.

Comment

if u dont have the money to do that i would try getting a moist..not soaked...cloth and make sure ur screen is off and just rub it..but not too hard..make sure the cloth isnt dripping

Comment

Exactly why I don't allow little kids near my computers.

Comment

yea my lcd is kinda dirty as well, ill have to try that.

Comment

Thank you both soo much,i was worried i would have to live with that penmark,My screen is looks brand new now.I really appreciate what you did

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
              Exactly why I don't allow little kids near my computers.
              Excatly why i dont like kids nor will i ever have any.

Comment

Ah yes, but drunk friends are just as bed....trust me!

Comment

They break it they buy it or they buy me a new one.

Comment

And if they don't, they get to spend the rest of their life in a wheel chair!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy
                      Yes, first rule of all: DON'T EVER USE WINDEX ON YOUR LCD MONITOR!!!!!! Its a big big big no no.
                      why is that i use Windex Vinager on my LCD screen and have been for a while now dunno if you experiance problems i spray it on a cloth then wipe it on better than ever

Comment

im an A+ certified cpu tech...soap and damp cloth works wonders...

Comment

Originally posted by $G-MONEY SMITH$
                          And if they don't, they get to spend the rest of their life in a wheel chair!!
                          They wouldnt be my friends then.

Comment

Another way is to use an alchohol wipe on it, and you can buy screencleaners, like 1 buck for one, one wet pad with some special alchohol, and a dry pad. Anyways, i never have stuff like that, my LCD monitor is too old, it doesn't have a glossy screen like the new ones do, the good thing is, no fingerprints.

Comment

I use Endust for electronics. Seems to work good on an LCD.

Comment

Working...
                              X