A Nice Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nice Mouse

Hey, i curently have a crappy old mouse and looking to upgrade. I am looking at Logitech MX 1000 or MX 518. I have read lots about both and am impressed. But i want to hear from the gamers with them and what they are really like. I want it purely just for gaming. If anybody can leave a few words it will be great, thanks.

Re: A Nice Mouse

the mx 518 works great, especially for this game. I'll use the sensitivity change all the time, especially when sniping.

Comment

*Moved to client support, hardware (The most avoided thread start point)

Comment

I got a 5 dollar mouse go team

Comment

i have both. but the mx 1000 seemed to me a bit sluggish when i was playin ravenshield cause of the fast action. been meaning to bring it home and give it another try with bf2 (its at work now). i currently have an mx510 at home which i love. i am just getting sick of all these cables!

Comment

I have used all of the mentioned mice and I find that the wireless lazer mice consistantly feel "floaty" to me. I have stuck with my trusty, corded MX510.

Comment

I use the MX1000 and couldn't be happier. I upgraded to it specifically for this game.

The MX1000, to me, is as responsive as a corded mouse..but without the hassle of a cord. Eztarget's issue was probably with Ravenshield and should not be used as an indicator of performance in BF2.

Gotta love ALL of the extra buttons (ALL of which can be mapped for use with specific apps), the VERY confortable thumb rest, the battery indicator LED, and the charger base!!

Absolutely awesome mouse...

Comment

i agree. Ravenshield is a much faster game requiring much quicker mouse movement than BF2. i really keep meaning to bring it home and give it a go. if it does well, i will just buy another one cause i love it at work.

Comment

of course i usually fly with a stick so i dont do much mouse time

Comment

Here's a better idea: if you know two friends that have both, try them out. See which one you like better and buy the better out of the two.

I use a mx-700; its nice but its age is starting to really show..soo XD. I tried a MX-1000 and 518 myself; i like the 518 because it is reposive as hell and i like it ^^;

Comment

Here's a question (I don't want to hiijack or derail here) but is there an app/way to BENCHMARK a mouse?

Since so many people find the MX1000 less responsive, maybe it is? I would like to know a way to measure a mouse's responsiveness...or least be able to look up what they technically should be.

Maybe I'm missing out...

But I upgraded to the MX1000 from a MS IntelliMouse Explorer (1.0) and I could NOT believe the improvement in responsiveness.

I haven't used a corded mouse in so long, maybe I forget what 'truly' responsive feels like

Comment

I was looking at the MX 518 for a while but ended up purchasing a Razor Diamondback. Never looked back!

Check out www.razorzone.com

Comment

I would go for the brand new Saitek gamers mouse with instant DPI changer

Comment

I wrote a reivew on the MX1000, let me find it and I will post the link here.

Comment

Here is my 2 cents about the MX1000:

Okay, I'm going to hopefully start a little "trend" so to speak, and will hopefully have product reviews for you guys every so often. This will serve a few purposes. One it will let me examine hardware in detail, and really judge all of my purchases accordingly. It will also serve as an informative bit for you guys as well, and help you make a more informed descion overall. Also, if you have the same product that I review, feel free to chime in. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with a product I review (or just want to give me a pat on the back, heh) please post it! Okay so without further adue (if you haven't noticed, I'm not the best at spelling, so if I screw up, I appologize in advance) here is my first product review!

Logitech MX1000 Lase Mouse

Rating: 9/10

Pros: Wireless, lots of buttons, pretty comfortable, charges fast

Cons: Slightly large, LithiumIon battery replacement is tricky, the bundled software seems buggy, price

Review: Well let me say that I was very skeptical when purchasing this mouse, and had it not been on sale, I probably wouldn't have. I was always a fan of hardwired optical mice, and had heard things about this mouse (such as tracking issues), as well as my dis-satisfaction of my first wireless optical mouse (which had terrible wireless delay), that made me almost not buy it, despite its being on sale. With some hesitation (despite what my girlfriend may tell you) I bought the mouse anyways. I said to myself, "Self, if this mouse sucks, no more wireless, ever, and no more laser until the problems you heard about are fixed for sure!"

Now I had read several reviews prior to even thinking about buying this mouse (and ended up being more of a "wow great deal, but it now!" type of thing) and have mixed feelings towards it. Some people said the mouse tended to have some tracking issues when moving extremely fast and things to this nature. Well being a gamer, this would simply not be acceptable. Other people complained of minor details, most of which I was indifferent towards.

So what is my verdict? This mouse is awesome. Probably the best mouse I have ever had, hands down. Despspite some of the cons of this mouse (which are minor at best) the pros heavily out weigh it. The mouse is extremely sensitive, and has sold me on wireless. I can't even tell it is wireless to be honest, it responds that well. The only thing that I do notice is the mouse stops tracking if it isn't moved for more then approximately 5 seconds, and sometimes it takes a split second to "wake up" and start tracking again, but as I said, most of the time, it isn't terrible, and won't cause most users any trouble at all. In total the mouse has 10 buttons plus the up/down scoll movement in the scroll wheel (which effectively makes it 12 buttons). The software included is pretty good. As I mentioned in the cons, some of it seems buggy. What I mean by that is sometimes when I click the scroll wheel (in a strait down button fashion) I get a zoom feature which I still to this day haven't figured out, and even if I were to figure it out, it would be pretty useless to me. But that is okay because the feature that I look for when I click that, is called a "cruise control" where I just move the mouse up and down to scoll up/down the page, but Logitech ingeniously put two buttons just outside of the mouse wheel that do preciesly this, only without me having to move the mouse! The mouse wheel also moves side to side, incase you need to side scroll a website (such as these forums when someone posts a giant picture, or if the website designer decided to go against the unwritten rule of no wider then 800px). This can also be useful in certain video games as it is one less thing you have to reach over to the keyboard to do (if you find something you need to bind, such as a fast weapon switch ). Some of you maybe wondering how long the Lithium Ion battery lasts, well let me say, it went longer then I expected. I expected to have to charge this thing every night. Boy was I wrong. I can go 2-3 days (and I use my computer a fair amount) without having to place this thing back on its charger (and even when I did, it wasn't signaling it needed to be charged, but I did it just because it was low). But you know what is even better? The recharge time! This mouse takes approximately 30 minutes to be fully charged again, so even if you run out of batteries during the day, it won't take forever for this thing to charge up. At first I found the mouse to be slightly large. But after a few days you learn where to play your hand on the mouse, and I must say, it is very comfortable (now if only I can find a keyboard that is as comfortable as this mouse!). Prior to buying this mouse I had two standard Logitech Premium Optical Wheel Mouse, and one Logitech MX310. This is by far the most comfortable and useful mouse. It included a lot of the features of the MX310 that I liked, and added some new ones which I have also come to like. Things such as the application switcher, the Front/Back buttons for surfing the web, the "cruise control" for scolling up/down (and now side/side) as well as many others.

My advice. If you have been debating whether or not you should get this mouse, I say get it. Now I got mine on sale, so it was definately a steal at $50. For those not wanting to part with the full price of $80 (or about that) I would agree with you on waiting for the next generation to come out. But for those that find a good deal on it, I say buy it. I was hesitant to spend $50 on a mouse, but as they say, you pay for what you get, and I got an excellent mouse!

Comment

Working...
                              X