BF2 Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Memory

as most of us know a certain task is only around to take up so much ram, i was just wondeirng if anyone has tired or edited the percentage of ram that bf2 is allowed to take up and if they could tell me how.. and also if for some reason bf2 takes up all the ram and your computer crashes will this affect anything on the compuer? (i.e. Hardware or Software)

any help apreciated

Re: BF2 Memory

I can't offer much advice about that except download the program SmartClose. I run that before playing BF2 and it frees up a good amount of memory by closing all the unnecessary background tasks. If the game is taking up too much ram for you consider turning down the texture settings or getting some more RAM.

Comment

problem with BF2 isn't that it uses this much ram, but the fact it causes still memory leaks, when playing you will se you ram usage rising an drising and rising and after some hours your fps start to drop and your machine slows down.

they just suck at programming at dice

Comment

i understand this but i currently only have 512mb and instead of bf2 using maybe 256 of it i want it use like 350

Comment

you need more ram than that.when im playing bf2 it uses up a gig of my ram. i have 4 gig tho so i have no worrys. you are under spec with ram.even if you turn down all you stuff you still dont have enuff

Comment

Originally posted by MrCool
            i understand this but i currently only have 512mb and instead of bf2 using maybe 256 of it i want it use like 350
            even xp needs 512, think more is better, like jag said.

Comment

yea im hopefully upgrading soon but 70 bucks is kinda steep (just bought processor, Graphics, powersupply)

Comment

im using 512mb and my games choppy as anything, at least now i know why, i'll order another 512mb, will that be sufficient ?

Comment

Client support is the way to go for these kind of questions.
                  *Moved to client support, hardware.

Comment

The upcoming patch (September?) should hopefully address some of these issues. I'm hoping 1 GB of RAM will be enough to run it smoothly with high settings and 512 MB will be enough to run it smoothly with low to medium.

Comment

Working...
                    X