Dust in pc (and other Qs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust in pc (and other Qs)

hi i was just wondering if dust inside the case of my pc, has any effect on performance and if i should try to clean it.

also when i do something like launch a large program of run bf2, it will make a loud starting up noise and will then run noisily for about 1 minute until it quickly quietens down. I was told by sum1 it didnt matter but am just getin a 2nd opinion, if it is a cooling problem should i leave the case open wit a house fan next to it (like i was doing today) or get an internal fan thing.

this is my system spec if it helps

intel p4
    3.0ghz processor
    radeon X300
    1.5gb ram

thanks

also, how do i see the temp of my pc????

i had problems with my hard drive because it was covered in dust... get a can of air open up your case and just blow it all out... youll be suprized by the cloud of dust that comes out...

Comment

download MOTHER BOARD MONITOR 5 and it will show u temps.

Comment

Dust will affect things, especially in your heatsink, will make things warmer. I've seen a friends's son, whose video card fried cause the VPU fan was CAKED with dust. Clean your PC every once in a while with a compressed air can. When you spray up the dust into the air, use a small vacuum to catch the dust from the air, do not put the vacuum to the pc parts, it COULD cause static, static is deadly to pc parts.

What the noise probably is, is the hard drive working hard trying to cache everything. I wouldn't panic.

Cooling problem, I'd think about putting extra fans in your PC, leaving the case open will help a bit too, but you'll suck in ALOT more dust, and you will make things alot noisier. The best suggestion would to clean out the dust, that drops the temps by a few degrees.

Try motherboard monitor, that and a few other programs can show you PC temps.

Comment

ok thanks ill dl that now, dis will probs sound stupid but where would i get a can of air? what is it jus like deodorant with clean air?

Comment

also could i just like blow the dust away?

Comment

Blow it with what....pc duster? When i cleaned my computer i just removerd everything and cleaned one piece at a time. I never let my computer get super dusty I clean it like ones a month.

Comment

Go to your local computer shop.
                Pick up a can there.
                its basically compressed air.
                It comes out fast. Don't inhale it!
                and dont turn it upside down you can get 3rd degree burns. ( ICE COLD)

Comment

Might as well shoot it with a CO2 bb gun... with out bb's just the air

Comment

lol ok ill get that (and i wont inhale it )

thanks 4 the replies

Comment

it can only affect. ur Fans. your CD drive , HD, Floppy. cant affect any Motherboard stuff no digital stuff. only things that move

Comment

After cleaning, invest in some filters for you fans. You will only need to clean/replace the filters in the future. Filters will affect airflow but not by much.

Comment

ok then, btw my pc is round 30degrees wen i start up, in the next 5 mins goes up to about 38 and last night when gaming it was like 54 (then i opened it up with the fan on it and it went down to 43degrees, is that higher than it should b or ok?

Comment

Re: Dust in pc (and other Qs)

I used to actually blow my PC out with a driveway blower, but I would never do that with these new parts

Comment

Working...
                            X