Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of a new vid card...wait!!!!

Hey hey,

I'll keep this short...not. I jumped on the wagon and was considering replacing my ATI x300 crappy vid card, but prior to dropping a few hundred bucks down, I upgraded my Ram to 1.5...after dealing with Dell for awhile, I realized my fried my DIMMS 1&3. Blah blah, while waiting for a replacement motherboard, I'm running BF2 on 1 Gb instead of 512. OMG what a difference. I'm running all on MED(excluding light..etc. on low), with resolution at 1024x768 @75 and I had ZERO lag.

Now, I haven't had a chance to try out different settings cause I was so happy to play with AA at 4X, anyway the differenc in gameplay was tremendous...my guns seemed more accurate and at one point I had a 16:5 kills to death ratio..then got cocky but I digress...

So before you drop your hard earned cash on a vid card buy ram and go for the cheaper stuff too (ie. 2X512 instead of 1X1Gb)...unless you have cash to burn.

ONE HAPPY BASE CAMPER,

Sweet! lol

Comment

Yep, Ram makes a huge difference when you upgrade from 512mb to 1 GB.

I'm sure the same can be said for upgrading from 1 GB to 2 GB... speaking of that, I really need to upgrade to 2 GB RAM here soon!

Comment

I'm not so sure the 1 to 2 gig will have the same effect. Think about it...I went from stuttering at the beginning to free and clear and to being first to start. I think if I had mo' ram...I wouldn't notice much difference. But let me know...

Comment

I had an x300 and 1.5 gigs. Low settings.

Upgraded to x850 xt PE with same 1.5 gigs. Maxed settings.

Comment

2 gigs made a diffence for me, but I bought a 1gb stick for $114 outa the cheap bin. Seems to work pretty well.

Comment

yea it is a big difference. my friend has exact same comp as mine but has 1gb ram. wow, plays on mid fine.

Comment

Moved to Hardware.

Comment

Low settings?

Low settings? That's weird!! I was running on all medium setting last night. NO lag but the framerate was a little low. You don't realize how good of a job EA did until you run it on med settings with 4xAA...I can only imagine Ultra settings.

Originally posted by BryanG
                  I had an x300 and 1.5 gigs. Low settings.

Upgraded to x850 xt PE with same 1.5 gigs. Maxed settings.

Comment

Re: Thinking of a new vid card...wait!!!!

imho, anything but high looks like crap. going from 1 gigs to 2 gigs of ram on anything but high settings really isnt going to give u the performance increase that u got going from 512 to 1024. i was gettng low fps when i had 1 gig and ran textures at high and shadows at high. then i got 2 gigs and problem solved. all these people who say 2 gigs makes no difference and run it on low. noone cares. thats not what the extra gig is for.

Comment

Re: Thinking of a new vid card...wait!!!!

I can respect that...it's like anything else, we always want more. In all honesty, you're getting me thinking about upgrading more ram. hehehe

Originally posted by Cotizi
                      imho, anything but high looks like crap. going from 1 gigs to 2 gigs of ram on anything but high settings really isnt going to give u the performance increase that u got going from 512 to 1024. i was gettng low fps when i had 1 gig and ran textures at high and shadows at high. then i got 2 gigs and problem solved. all these people who say 2 gigs makes no difference and run it on low. noone cares. thats not what the extra gig is for.

Comment

Working...
                      X