I need some help building a computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help building a computer

I need some help building a computer. I already bought an ATi X800XL 256MB PCI-Express X16 which means I have aobut $850 to spend on the rest of the parts. I have no clue what to get and where to buy. Whats good on the market? So if anyone could post some links to good parts I would apprechiate it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Speak stupid to me, I dont know much about computers.

AMD socket 939 would be a good place to start. I prefer Abit or Asus. I'd go with a 3000+ and an Nforce3 or 4 board and 2 gigs of ram. This game is freaking memory hungry.

Comment

What? What does all that mean? I just wnat someone to tell me what to buy but when I was going to get pre built everyone yelled at me.

Comment

moved to Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by hrbib21
          AMD socket 939 would be a good place to start. I prefer Abit or Asus. I'd go with a 3000+ and an Nforce3 or 4 board and 2 gigs of ram. This game is freaking memory hungry.

He would have to go Nforce4 as Nforce 3 doesn't support PCI-e, which he already has the card for.

Comment

Okay $850 is a good amount, especially considering you don't need a video card (you already have one)

Now I will gladly pick out the parts and link you to the best prices I can find, just tell me what parts you need (post here).

i.e.

Case:
            Motherboard:
            Processor:
            Heatsink:
            Memory:
            Hard drive(s):
            Sound card:

Comment

Originally posted by SFSoldier
              I need some help building a computer. I already bought an ATi X800XL 256MB PCI-Express X16 which means I have aobut $850 to spend on the rest of the parts. I have no clue what to get and where to buy. Whats good on the market? So if anyone could post some links to good parts I would apprechiate it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Speak stupid to me, I dont know much about computers.
              Well you could buy somthing from me, GOOD JOB buying your video card 1st
              Now I will build you a computer system "ALL AROUND THE VIDEO" if you buy some crapy Motherboard then you stuck with what you have. I'll be sure you get what you realy want.

I'll GET you A 939 pin AMD 64!!!!
              Asus A8NE-FM Mobo aka motherbord. It has PCI-Express X16 for you video card.
              Go here:http://forum.panhandlegearheads.com/...pic.php?t=4034
              It will cost you less then 850 with shiping.

Comment

Good job having the card taken care of, its one less headache. Try these parts:

Asus A8V Deluxe - $110
                Corsair 2Gb Value- $180
                WD 74Gb 10k Raptor - $170
                AMD 64 3500+ - $225
                Random Case $70
                Power Supply - $70 (Don't overlook this one!! Must have a stable P/S)
                DVD - $40

***Its about $850 and will run everything on Med/High @ 1280x960 or possibly higher.

Comment

Thats just about what I recomended to him aswell

Comment

Working...
                  X