Computer Temperatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Temperatures

I'd like to know how everyone's CPU and case temp readings come out before and during gameplay of BF2. Thnx

A steady 48 celsius is what I shoot for (no pun intended), if it's getting intense it may up to 49-50 celsius. This is using standard cooling.

Oh and my chipset reads at about 36 celsius while in game.

These are compared to 45/33 at idle. And 43/29 while in standby.

My hard disks rest an 29/32/32, work at 33/35/35, and in game about 34/36/36, yeah I have 3 hard drives. BF2 is on disk 3, windows is on disk 1 (the cooler disk)

Comment

my chipset is around 35-40
      my cpu is around 45-50
      and my bfg 7800 gtx is around 55-65

Comment

Motherboard 40 °C (104 °F)
        CPU 48 °C (118 °F)
        PWM 46 °C (115 °F)
        GPU Ambient 43 °C (109 °F)
        Maxtor 6Y120L0 36 °C (97 °F)
        Maxtor 6Y120L0 30 °C (86 °F)

Those are my idle temperatures and when I'm playing BF2 my CPU temperature only goes up to 50-51 °C and thats with stock heatsink and with a 10% overclock to 3.3 GHz.

Comment

how can u tell?

Comment

You can use a variety of different programs to monitor the temperature of different parts of your PC. I know that RivaTuner can tell you the temp of your graphics card and that your BIOS usually will tell you your CPU temp.

Comment

Might want to tell what CPU type, as P4s and AMDs have diffrent temp ranges.

Comment

CPU loads at 49-52. Case stays at 28-30 depending on the room temperature. Haven't checked my x800pro's temperature yet because I keep forgetting to load up atitool before I play. I'll do that eventually.

Comment

I can find out my CPU and Case temperature, but i dont have a program to find out the temp of my hard drives, my video card or motherboard. Does anyone recomend a piece of software that can tell me these temps?

Comment

Originally posted by Mental_Blank
                    I can find out my CPU and Case temperature, but i dont have a program to find out the temp of my hard drives, my video card or motherboard. Does anyone recomend a piece of software that can tell me these temps?
                    Everest works great and is free.

Comment

Motherboard monitor will display both cpu and ambient temperature, assuming your motherboard has a sensor chip (which it should). I read hard drive temps with PC Wizard 2005, but it only displays temps for 4 hard drives (I have five, it's a pain in the ass) as well as cpu and board temps. As for video cards, I'm not sure if the 9xxx series had temp reporting abilities. I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the temp reporting was introduced with the 9800xt and 9600xt cards.

Comment

My friend had a program that would monitor his temps for his system and it would show the temps in his taskbar. Does anybody know the name of this program?

Comment

Motherboard Monitor.

Comment

Mine runs fine at a GFX tamp of about 70 degrees C.
                            Not sure about the other temps of my system sorry.
                            Don't care, aslong as it runf fine.

Comment

Standard:
                              Chipset - 34,
                              CPU (AMD64 3500 winny) - 28,
                              GFX (X800XT) - 38,
                              HD's - 30/30

During BF2:
                              Chipset - 34-40,
                              CPU - 40,
                              GFX - 70,
                              HD - 34/34ish