1 gig ram VS. 2 gig ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 gig ram VS. 2 gig ram

I'm running 2 512 (ddr400) of ram right now, would it be worth the cost to swap those out with 2 1gig pieces? Would i see much of a difference? i've read a few people raving about 2 gigs of ram, just wondering what you guys would say about it.

you will see the difference in load times and game performance

Comment

What are the rest of your specs? People rave about a lot of things. I have 1GB and run this game flawlessly, with very fast load times (usually under 30seconds).

Comment

What about me? You can see my stats in my sig, but how much would my performance and load times be increased? At the moment all are at medium level, with 1024x768 res (70hz) and it takes like 1 min to load. How would that compare to another gig of RAM, and would i be better off just to stay with the RAM and geta new video card?

Comment

Originally posted by Mental_Blank
          What about me? You can see my stats in my sig, but how much would my performance and load times be increased? At the moment all are at medium level, with 1024x768 res (70hz) and it takes like 1 min to load. How would that compare to another gig of RAM, and would i be better off just to stay with the RAM and geta new video card?
          I would a new video card, to make an increase in system preformance you would need 3+ gig ram so as to turn virtual memory off. I would recomend 6600gt 256MB not too expensive runs at 300MHz and I have mine oc'ed at 500MHz .

Here is what I'm running.
          AMD 64 3200 oc'ed to 2.4 GHz
          6600gt PCIE oc'ed 500MHz
          2 gig PC2700 not oc'ed
          twin raptor 74 GB SATA raid 0
          nivda chip set motherboard, (this allows OS overclocking)

This setup is cheap except the raptors and plays the hell out of all the new games on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Mental_Blank
            New video card for sure, new ram will only decrease loading times slighty. A new video card would be a much better upgrade!

Either a 6800GT or a x800XL would be a good choice for price\performance.

Comment

Thx guys.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                What are the rest of your specs? People rave about a lot of things. I have 1GB and run this game flawlessly, with very fast load times (usually under 30seconds).
                Obviously not maximum settings then.

Comment

I know that this migh seem like a rly noob question, but are the 6800gt and the x800XL and 6600GT pci-e or AGP? as my mother boards only supports AGP...

Comment

All 3 of those cards can be found in both AGP and PCIe variants.

Comment

any difference????

faster loading times
                      no more crashing
                      no more black surfaces
                      smoother framerates
                      no longer hearing the menu music for 30 seconds when exiting the game

but thats my experience. 2gb is key

Comment

2 gig !!!

Comment

Yes, 2 GB is definately king for a game as hungry as this and I plan on getitng an extra gig as soon as possible.

Comment

Funny I see this post today, I've got my 2nd Gig of RAM coming FedEx this afternoon. And after hearing other members of my clan say that 2Gb is the sweet spot (they went from 1Gb already), I'll be more than happy to oblige if it makes this game more stable at higher res.

Comment

Working...
                            X