Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans?

of i was thinking of adding a fan to my case, the only available spot is for the back, i havent measured what size its for...but anyways, what is the function for a fan there? should i get one for there? my case only has one fan, and its the cpu fan

thanks

anyone? ima go buy one tomarrow, should i?

Comment

Yes you do. You need to extract the heat from your case in order to prolong your component's life span. A good air flow into and then out of a case is essential, especially if you're using a game with fairly high specs as BF2 putting stress on your GPU and processor.

For any front intake fans make sure they have screen gauze to prevent dust entry and get a decent fan with a speed control for the rear of your case so you can turn it up when playing. A blowhole with a fan cut into the top of you case may also be an good option if your case is small.

Comment

Its for airflow. It is an exhaust fan, and it won't hurt. I'm sure there are slots in the front of your case as well. If there are, get one for the back, and one for the front. air flow through the case is important, most poeple just want to point all the fans outward.

Comment

Try and get a fan with the lowest db rating possible, anything around 20-25db would be ok.

Comment

this cheap gateway case only has empty for the back, it wasnt meant to be a gaming comp lol, but this just for now, i still need to buy all new stuff \/

Comment

the hot air has to leave your comp somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Need_2_Kill
                of i was thinking of adding a fan to my case, the only available spot is for the back, i havent measured what size its for...but anyways, what is the function for a fan there? should i get one for there? my case only has one fan, and its the cpu fan

thanks
                It's most likely an 88mm fan if it's a standard case fan. Yes I highly recommend one seeing as they only cost a few bucks you're crazy not to.

Comment

thanks everyone, i went and bought a cool master 80mm blue led, there was a 6pack for $30 but i didnt have enought, but then again this case cant take anymore, and the case im getting soon already has 3 fans + the one i bought today

Plus: the case im getting has an air duct, is that so air can flow to the cpu? or can i add a fan there too?

Comment

i only have a 120mm extractor fan in the back and it seems ine but i am thinking of putting a 120mm intake fan to circulate air in.

Comment

my case could of went bigger, i think the 90mm, but i couldnt find any, 120mm would be nice, to bad it dosnt fit

Comment

hey i dont know if its the fan, or what, but i put my hand inside my comp and if felt cold, and not only that i touched the heatsink, and it didnt burn me like last time...is it the fan? or is not working hard right now?

Comment

ok i found a way to put in a 120mm fan, whats good?

Comment

Try and get a zalman i would think

Comment

i got a case fan for this cheap case, 120mm, it didnt fit just standing there lol...so i ended up ordering a new case from newegg that fits 120mm fans, already has one, s two is good?

Comment

Working...
                              X