i need 2 know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need 2 know

i just got a joystick 2day and i need 2 now how 2 set it up. its got a throtell and all the bottons r on the stick. at least trigger 3little bottons and a analog thingy. also i ned to now wat sensitivity 2 put it on. i havnt been very good and sensitivity (halo 2). and any tips if u have any for flying, helo tips is most desired.

t.y.

.. trial and error perhaps?

Comment

install the drivers for the joystick.

start battlefield go into controls and bind the buttons.

play a game and test it out.

Comment

Originally posted by kankles21
        throtell bottons wat ned now havnt

Sorry, but I'm a grammar whore. :/

throttle buttons what need know haven't

** i realize "now" in itself is a correct word. However in his context he means "know"

I dont mean to offend, and please dont take it as such, but I just prefer to help people learn to spell rather than just criticizing them.

But, now on to more important things.

If your joystick has enough buttons on it, try to map all the most useful commands to easily accessable buttons. (ie. switching weapons, afterburner, flares, etc etc.)

As far as flying the plane, try and get some experience in your own server before you hop on pubs and start crashing everywhere. You will find that your experience will be a better one rather than getting shot down every 5 seconds or getting flamed by other people for your lack of knowledge on howto fly.

Some tips,

*Return to base and return often. You will most likely find this out for yourself anyways

*When bombing dont get too close to the ground or you WILL take slash damage, sometimes turning your plane into a lawn dart.

*When in Air to Air combat, switch to bombs untill you get a good bead on your foe. Doing this will not alert him of any threat until you are ready to fire. So once you have him lined up, switch to missiles and once you have lock wait a second or so, novice pilots cannot tell the difference between the actual "lockon" noise and the "You have a missile comming at you, you better do something quick if you dont wanna die" noise, causing them to release their flares early.

When flying a helicopter, well, i find that if i use my mouse and my keyboard, I tend to fly better. Reason being i guess i'm just smoother with my mouse than my joystick. But i dont really fly them that much.

Hope some of this helped!

Comment

Please tell me english isn't your native language or that you're at least mildly retarded.

Comment

I don't know which joystick you bought, but I just bought a Logitech Extreme Pro 3d and it works great for aircraft, but sucks with helicopters. I also find that flying choppers with the mouse and keyboard is way more accurate. The stick works great for jets allowing me to maneuver close to the ground and even through some smaller trees.

I pulled a move with it the other day where an enemy tank was attacking one of our friendly tanks. I got so close over the enemy tanks head when flying by, that it diverted their attention long enough to let our tank get off the second and fatal blast from its cannon. Rule of thumb...use the joystick for planes only and it is going to take some trial and error.

Comment

wow *** u little *****es that all ways make a big deal about typing. i forgot that totalbf2.com was 4th period english class. and i dont think my english will effect me owning u in any game.

Comment

no offence to devlyn.

Comment

Just read your other post

edited..

Comment

OK GUYS ITS 4TH PERIOD ENGLISH CLASS AND WERE LEARNING ABOUT THE FAGET THE CARES 2 MUCH HOW PEOPLE SPELL. HE LOOK SLIKE A FAT GUY IN A COMPUTER CHAIR AND DOESNT SHAVE. AND IS MOST RESENT GIRLFRIEND WAS THE 1 ON HIS BUDDYLIST.

ALSO THIS SO CALLED FAT GUY HAS PLAYED BF2 SO MUCH THAT IS FIRST EPROCH 2 A PROBLEM IS 2 GO PRONE.

O DANG THE BELL RANG MATH IS NEXT LETS GO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLES MATH LOL

mYg0t h4x0rz

omg im cool

Comment

Yup, just trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by kankles21
                        OK GUYS ITS 4TH PERIOD ENGLISH CLASS AND WERE LEARNING ABOUT THE FAGET THE CARES 2 MUCH HOW PEOPLE SPELL.
                        It's fagot, not faget. You tend to spell phonetically.

Comment

Working...
                        X