To all Nvidia freaks, I need help deciding on 7800GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Nvidia freaks, I need help deciding on 7800GTX

First of all this is my first post, and I think this site rocks, anyways so..

I want to buy the 7800GTX but there are like a million makes out there. I want to buy a Nvidia because BF2 was built around it and BF2 is the only game I play online. Below is what I found on Newegg. What make is better and WHY? don't say is eVGA or XFX because its simply the one you got, really say why (example warranty, support etc). Thanks for the help.

Leadtek $529
    Biostar $532
    Gigabyte $535
    MSI $535
    Albatron $539
    AOpen $544
    eVGA $545
    ASUS $545
    PNY $545
    BFG Tech $559
    XFX $574

Depends on where you are buying it from.....

Comment

Originally posted by |DaNtheMaN|
      Depends on where you are buying it from.....
      Well what can you recommend?

Comment

Definately go with the BFG model. It is at slightly higher clocks than the regular 7800GTX, but most importantly, there is a lifetime warranty on the card. As for performance, I'd think they're all the same... any 7800 GTX will rip through the game at the highest settings. Just make sure you have enough RAM and a decent cpu and you are set.

Comment

Originally posted by qazxcv
          Definately go with the BFG model. It is at slightly higher clocks than the regular 7800GTX, but most importantly, there is a lifetime warranty on the card. As for performance, I'd think they're all the same... any 7800 GTX will rip through the game at the highest settings. Just make sure you have enough RAM and a decent cpu and you are set.
          If you aren't going to overclock your card, then I would go with BFG due to the lifetime warranty. Most other manufactures have a 1 or 2 year warranty.

If you are going to overclock your card then the warranty doesn't matter, because overclocking voids all the warranties, including BFG's. In this case I would go for the cheapest big name manufacturer. From the list you posted I would go with Leadtek, Gigabyte, or EVGA if I was going to overclock.

Comment

BFG has an overclocked version, do this one has the warranty also?

Comment

The box says lifetime warranty for the OC version, maybe I will get that one.

Comment

BFG!!!!!1

jsut got mine and oced it from 450/1200 to 490/1300 and its the same temp, well about 1 to 2 degrees higher! they make excellent cards

Comment

Originally posted by joelo59
                  First of all this is my first post, and I think this site rocks, anyways so..
                  BFG ALL THE WAY!

Comment

BFG hands down!!!! 24/7 tech support, nice out of the box OC! its perfect, i'm running the BFG6800oc right now its awesome.

Comment

The eVGA model comes overclocked to 450 as well. Got mine from www.newegg.com

Comment

ive got a bfg 6800gt oc, i think there all overclocked as standard out of the factory and like people said before it has a lifetime warrenty which is always nice :-)

Comment

I just ordered the BFG 7800 GTX off ebay, got it for $498 shipped.

Comment

Working...
                          X