Wiimote PC control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote PC control

What exactly do I need to be able to play PC games with a Wiimote? I think I need some Bluetooth thing. I heard you could get those wireless parts cheap.

Then after I get all the hardware, how would I go around mapping controls?

You'll need:
    1. A Bluetooth adapter. You don't need this if your PC is already Bluetooth compatible. Just go to Newegg and search "Bluetooth Adapter," cheapest one is $7.99.

2. GlovePIE (Google it). This is the software you will need, it is freeware.

3. Wiimote and nunchuck (for good controls with many games).

4. Sensor bar. This is optional but needed if you want IR pointing functionality. You can use the one that came with the Wii (however, you'll need to keep the Wii on and place it near the computer screen, which can be problemic), build one yourself (search Google) or buy a wireless sensor bar.

5. A GlovePIE script for what you're trying to achieve. GlovePIE uses scripts to define controls and functions instead of conventional mapping, that makes it extremely flexible. There's scripts for many games, or you can write a script yourself.

Comment

Thanks!
      1) I can easily get the Bluetooth adapter.
      2/5) Software is easy, it's free.
      3) Course I have a Wiimote. :P
      4) This is where I'm confused. What's IR pointing functionality? Would I need it just to play games? What happens if I don't use one?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
        Thanks!
        1) I can easily get the Bluetooth adapter.
        2/5) Software is easy, it's free.
        3) Course I have a Wiimote. :P
        4) This is where I'm confused. What's IR pointing functionality? Would I need it just to play games? What happens if I don't use one?
        If you don't use the IR pointing thing then your Wiimote is simply a wireless controller. You won't be able to move your mouse via the tilt sensors in the wiimote. The sensor bar is what tells the console where your wiimote is in 3d space, and what it's doing.

Comment

So not having a sensor bar justs renders the movement sensors useless?

Comment

Basically.

With Sensor Bar: You can move in and out of screen etc. There is depth.

No sensor bar: There is no depth, only up and down axis.

Comment

But the yaw/pitch/roll sensors still work right? And will it be able to detect sudden movements? (Like bringing it up real fast to jump)

Comment

How do I change the sensitivity in GlovePIE? When I start up Halo Master Chief starts spinning around like crazy and spazzes out unless I set the Wiimote on the table.

Comment

Working...
                X