• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this good ram?

Corsair Value S. PC4200 DDR2 2048MB Kit w/two matched Value Select 1024MB

is this a good ram?

Depends on the price.

Comment

also depends what mobo you are trying to put it in... or what you are mixing it with

corsair is a good name, but the repetition of the word 'value' should tell you something about it bear in mind that it is 2 sticks of 512mb each, which may influence your decision regarding future upgrades (ie if you need 2gb and only have 2 slots). the most modern ram is ddr3, and as far as i know ddr4 is on the horizon for when the new intel chipset comes out (not penryn)

ps- matdef you bastard, you have the pc i want but can't afford!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDawkins View Post
        also depends what mobo you are trying to put it in... or what you are mixing it with

corsair is a good name, but the repetition of the word 'value' should tell you something about it bear in mind that it is 2 sticks of 512mb each, which may influence your decision regarding future upgrades (ie if you need 2gb and only have 2 slots). the most modern ram is ddr3, and as far as i know ddr4 is on the horizon for when the new intel chipset comes out (not penryn)

ps- matdef you bastard, you have the pc i want but can't afford!
        First of all:
        1. It's a 2gb kit (2x1gb sticks).
        2.DDR3 has barely come out, and is only supported on Intel's new Bearlake chipset.
        3.DDR4 won't be coming out for a long long time.
        4.Penryn is not a chipset, its the codename for the next gen mobile processor that will replace merom (c2d).

Oh, and thanks.

Comment

700sek or around 70 euros

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman930 View Post
            700sek or around 70 euros
            Not too bad, but you could probably do much better. Where were you planning to buy this ram?

Comment

thought i was going to see a screenshot of you crashing a transport into some mech :|

Comment

all Corsair memory is good IMHO, very reliable

Comment

i have 4 gb of their xms ddr2 800mhz in 2 matched pairs and its going great, cant complain really and got it for $145aud each pair so cost wasnt a problem either.

Comment

PC4200. Hmm. It might be better to look into PC6400 section if you are not handicapped by mobo or old mem sticks.

DDR3 at the moment is not just worth it yet. Good DDR2 can kick DDR3 1066MHz arse (due to timings) and 1333Mhz is just too expensive at the moment.

Comment

i got pwnd.

points for trying tho

Comment

Working...
                      X