Saw the Warcraft Movie (no spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the Warcraft Movie (no spoilers)

I saw the warcraft movie some days ago and I have to say I am quite satisfied. Maybe it was after hearing all those crappy reviews from crappy critics that I really lowered my expectations, but I must say I really enjoyed the movie and feel like they did a good work. I played a lot of Warcraft 2 and a few years of World of Warcraft and must say they did a pretty good job "moviefying" the game while creating something that could be enjoyed by both movie and gaming enthusiasts.
    I left the movie theater way more satisfied after Warcraft than I did after the last star wars.

Wow, I'm surprised.

When I saw the trailer and they were making out the Orcs to be poor innocent victims of a dying home world I kind of figured out what was going to happen, why, and everything else.

Maybe I should actually watch it?!?!?!!???
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I personally enjoyed the lore changes from the movie adaptation more than the original one. The movie is far from being an example of iconic acting, and you don't really end up caring for some of the characters that the movie wants you to care for. But for me, simply because I already knew and loved all of what I was seeing, and because I immediately noticed in the first few minutes of it that the movie showed to be absolutely proud of its origins, i enjoyed every bit of it.
      In general its a very good movie bit adaptation of a small part of history from a multiverse that took years and years to build and that has hundreds of stories to be told, so basically there is material for more 20 movies if they want to.
      Its also an incredibly fresh setting, history and universe from an industry that is currently overcrowded with superhero movies full of cliche stories.

Comment

Working...
      X