Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5t3v0
    replied
    Re: Power supply wattage recommendations?

Just to let everyone know, I went with an Antec Truepower 750 watt. Doing fine.

Leave a comment:

• PCKiller
    replied

550w corsair to you and sli/crossfire 650 or 750.

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

Cool. Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied

this:

or
    Power Supply Calculator - Select computer parts and our online PSU calculator will calculate the required power supply wattage and amperage for your PC.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Sethonan is right. 800 range should cover what you would be getting. I would also recommend reading the specs on the power supplies and make sure the one you are purchasing is the true wattage. Some power supply makers post the peak wattage instead and so you may buy one that says its 800, but it really runs only at 600 but will spike to 800. A power supply like that, you will never get the power you need.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

Well I do plan on upgrading the video card. Its just I want something soon, and im using my current as a filler as I can pretty much afford most of what I still need (I already own the Processor) from the get go right now.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

You mean the total output? 500-600W if you don't plan on upgrading the video card should be enough; 800W if you plan on getting a newer top of the line model; the icores use less power than the Phenoms from what I understand, and the aTi cards are usually less power hungry than their nVidia equivalents.

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    started a topic Power supply wattage recommendations?

Power supply wattage recommendations?

Well, I have an intel i7 930 (2.8Ghz) and I plan on getting around 8 gigs of ram and am using my old graphics card (a lowly ATI 5570) for the time being.

Now, Because I want this new setup soon so I can stop using this stupid DELL OEM motherboard and get a Gigabyte one and start using the i7 I have as well as finally doing a hackintosh, but I just want to clear up, what level of wattage do you guys recommend for the power supply? I'm unsure.
Working...
X