Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good gaming mouse?

Well my 5 year old MX 518 is just about dead:dead:

Been thinking about a new mouse for a while now and I like Logitech,But im not quiet sure what is out there for good prices.

Ive been thinking hard about a G9 Logitech, that would be my first choice unless others have some input to alternatives :salute:.

Re: Good gaming mouse?

I have a Logitech G9x, and I love it.

The mouse wheel will take some getting used to, but once you get used to it, you won't want anything else.

Comment

Yeah the wheel goes side to side and does something with scrolls or pages right.

Is the "x" the 5700dpi one because ive seen 3200dpi G9s too, are the weights in them something you play with?(noticable differance?)

Comment

From: http://www.squidoo.com/logitech-g9-mouse#module27761232
        The only change in the G9x is a new laser sensor that is capable of 5000dpi, has a tracking speed of up to 150 inches/second (depending on the surface used) and works at up to 30g of acceleration. That compares to the G9 with its 3200dpi laser engine, maximum tracking speed of 65 inches/second and maximum of 20g. Both sensors have a polling rate of 1000Hz, or 1/1000th of a second between scans.
        The scroll wheel is a free scroll wheel, it doesn't click. If you spin it, it will keep spinning until it stops from friction. The side scroll is like pushing the scroll wheel to the sides as a button. You can change the weights and I currently have 28g (the max) in it. Another thing, when you first get it, you probably won't lift it enough when gaming. You'll have to lift it higher than you had to for the MX518, but I'm used to it now and I don't even notice it.

Comment

I've been using the same MX518 for around 5 years too lol.

Comment

cheers spiked

Comment

I just bought a new MX518 after the old one failed.
              The new models all seem to have one flaw or another.

Comment

I've yet to have one issue with the G9x. Even when a hair or something messes with the laser, all I have to do is run my finger over it and I get the hair out. Nothing's ever gotten stuck in it.

Every one of my 518's on the other hand lasted me less than a year. I guess I was just unlucky.

Comment

Logitech laser mice are the shiz. I have a G5 that's been running strong for several years. I wouldn't ever go back to using an optical mouse, or a 400dpi mouse. The G5 runs up to 2000 dpi and I really think that's enough. I usually play FPS games around 800-1000 and only bump it up to 2000 if I'm in a tank or something else slow moving.

I've played around with the weights in my G5 a bit, but it's mostly been inconsequential to me.

Comment

G9 FTW, love it, and spik3d isn't there a button on the button of the mouse to change the scroll wheel from free, to clicky, like the original G9? Had my G9 for years now, never had a problem, and exactly what skiped said even if a hair gets stuck in the laser just brush your finger over it and it works fine then.

Comment

The rat..

/thread

Comment

thats transformer crazy:shock:

Comment

That looks like it'd be a huge pain in the ass to clean.

Originally posted by Hellsent 2.0
                          G9 FTW, love it, and spik3d isn't there a button on the button of the mouse to change the scroll wheel from free, to clicky, like the original G9? Had my G9 for years now, never had a problem, and exactly what skiped said even if a hair gets stuck in the laser just brush your finger over it and it works fine then.
                          Yeah, there's a button on the bottom of the mouse to change it from free scroll to normal scroll. Never noticed that before...

Comment

I've been a fan of logitech for a long time, but this was my recent purchase after trying it in the store:

It lacks the buttonage of other mice, but it fits right in my medium-ish hands. The software (switching profiles, etc.) is ok, but I don't use it except to turn off the annoying blue light It tracks just right for me, but the mousepad helps out there also I think.

I sent back a "Microsoft sidewinder gaming mouse" after trying it for an evening. Very nice features, for a footrest.

Comment

Working...
                            X